Going to keep a diary

lensgirl

Jan 14, 2020
I'm sitting here and reading some of the posts people have made, and I think because nan is having a relatively good day, I keep wondering if actually anything is wrong at all. She definitely isn't at the incontinence or disappearing stage yet.

Some times she remembers things really well, but other times she has absolutely no recall at all. I think she gets annoyed that I stop answering her sometimes, but I cant keep saying the same things over and over again!

Deep down I know it is, and perhaps because I am living it (we are staying with her whilst our house purchase goes through) I am starting to normalise it.

She had a score of 52/100 on the memory clinic test, so I know that's not something to ignore and she would have tried really hard on that!

Is it wrong to be worried that they do the CT scan and find nothing is showing up?

My other concern is that I have convinced her to voluntarily give up her driving license, but if a doctor even gives a whiff of a hint that she is fine to drive, she will be all over it.
She keeps saying she "will get it back" and that she will do whatever it takes to get it, but when I explained that her head crack (she had a fall a few years ago and knocked herself out) wasn't what they were looking at, it's her brain they are taking a picture of, she kept asking me where her brain was. I also said its about her memory and she looked absolutely Crest fallen because she knows how bad it is.

I'm not sure I actually asked any questions there but thank you for listening!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @lensgirl

Keeping a diary is an excellent way to monitor change.

It it`s timed and dated it will make it easier for doctors to see if there is anything serious to worry about and if worrying behaviours have any triggers.