FTD Early diagnosis

Ronsftd

Mar 21, 2024
Ron 73years old. Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Pet scan and CT scans don’t show hardly any degregation. Discovered thru extensive testing and brain exercises. Only symptom I am experiencing is I’m always tired. Sleep well often get up in the night for an hour or two and take two naps each day. Last night I slept for 14 hours and didn’t get up. Any other people with FTD sleep that much? Also how fast does the disese progress. What may I expect in the future?
Thank You.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Ronsftd and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum, i am sorry to read about your diagnosis of FTD. I do not know enough about FTD so comment of your symptoms but i hope that one of our members will come along soon with some advice.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome Ron, the site is UK based just so you know, however, as someone with an American mom Los Angeles to Lancashire, never forgiven her for that move.
Right now it's about 2.30pm here I guess it's early morning where you are. Still always someone hear to listen, read or whatever. Keep posting. K

Ronsftd

Mar 21, 2024
Thanks for the response Kevin. Give me please on your background on is it Alzheimer’s or FTD or both. Where are you with regard to progression? Do you know if the is a group in the US? I have a therapist here in Grand Rapids Michigan. Any news on plaque disintegration for eithe disese? Thanks

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I post on here as a now former carer for both my wife and my mum, mom is the American connection.
Me I'm fine just getting over mother nature making me redundant, so I post on here now that I'm alone, do it all again if I could, starting tomorrow.
Not an option so I post out of friendship. As a now unemployed carer. K

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Ronsftd just to let you know that I have replied to your other message in the 'Say hello and introduce yourself' thread and posted some links which you may find useful, including one for Alzheimers USA who will be able to let you know about local support:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb