Frustrated.....

kb73

Aug 10, 2016
Morning everyone. Does anybody know of any reason why a nursing home wouldn't accept someone back for potentially end of life care if that person needs oxygen? I have been told this is the case by the doctor/discharge team. Not actually spoken to the home yet as feeling tearful today and need to get myself in an emotionally fit state before I speak to them. Hospital also not answering to add to my frustration.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @kb73 I hope you’re feeling a bit less tearful.

I can’t answer your question but if you’re having problems with getting information from the hospital try ringing their PALS service, I found them very helpful when I couldn’t find out what was happening with my dad.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think there are special requirements before oxygen cylinders are allowed on the premises. I don’t know where I heard this but it can be checked

kb73

Aug 10, 2016
Thank you for your replies. At the hospital now. It appears the issue was with the oxygen cylinders but they can take her back with a compressor. So we are just waiting on that to arrive and she can go home so a little bit of good news for a change.