Forget me not: a space to share your memories and photos

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Thanks Izzy and Sylvia. I don't come here often now but I do remember the kindness of the people on here when I was dealing with being carer to Ray while supervising my mother's care in the nursing home. It meant the world to me that the folk on here knew what I was going through when friends and family often didn't..

I must say life is much quieter these days. I just turned 77 and am much slower now but still manage my volunteer activities in the church and community. My families are all still far away but I but I see my younger son and his daughter Alice, now twelve for a week four times a year and I spent a week my daughter last month. She lives in Western Australia so I took two trains and two planes to get there, roughly twelve hours of travelling.

I am relatively well, discharged by both my oncologist and brain surgeon. No more tests for a while. So life as an older person is doable if not as exciting as life for younger folk. COVID and flu seem rife again this winter locally but so far so good, I've been in good health so far.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
1719390141884.jpeg

Loving Birthday Memories. ❤️

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's such a lovley photo Sylvia. I hope Dhiren's birthday brings you some special memories today.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @Gosling and @Izzy.

That photo was taken in 2013, a year before Dhiren died. He was in a wheelchair and unable to understand much but still able to smile for the camera. :)

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Happy heavenly birthday to Dhiren 🥰🥰🥰 I bet you had competition for him amongst the female carers Sylvia with that smile!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esq