Feeling depressed and confused about visiting restrictions.

Juliematch

Jun 24, 2017
Unbelievable. After saying I haven’t had an email, one has just popped up. Not from the manager but from the people who run the group of nursing homes. The LFT are not going to be happening soon , they need more guidance!! and even when they are , full PPE will be worn and still no close contact.What’s the point of them then?Bang goes my very needed cuddle with dad. Visits will be less often ,as it takes a staff member out of the home for an hour each visit to do test and wait for results. It’s worded as if they want to put us off from visiting ,as it’s to much hassle. There is no news about the vaccination so they don’t know when they will start having them. So we are still in limbo. I suppose I should be thankful I got an email . Stay strong everyone.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
I have just posted on another thread @Kellyr @Juliematch to say mum's home had tests delivered last Wednesday but not using them yet as they need a bin to dispose in , not allowed in with their clinical waste! I don't know if others have heard this, or another delay tactic. I do so wish I could have hugged mum when I drove 3 hours for a closed window visit on Saturday. I feel my last chance has gone as I'm now tier 4. I can't see an end until vaccines in the home, but some are saying no visits even with these? I can't understand why there's no contact if homes use LF tests and ppe etc.
It's as many say always another delay, or a backward step.

Kellyr

Aug 8, 2020
I have just posted on another thread @Kellyr @Juliematch to say mum's home had tests delivered last Wednesday but not using them yet as they need a bin to dispose in , not allowed in with their clinical waste! I don't know if others have heard this, or another delay tactic. I do so wish I could have hugged mum when I drove 3 hours for a closed window visit on Saturday. I feel my last chance has gone as I'm now tier 4. I can't see an end until vaccines in the home, but some are saying no visits even with these? I can't understand why there's no contact if homes use LF tests and ppe etc.
It's as many say always another delay, or a backward step.
@anxious annie the disposal thing does sound like the kind of diktat that would get handed down but I cant say for sure as my mums carehome group have said no to testing! We've gone into 'tier 4' as well so its the same old story, any case one can make for more visiting rights always gets trumped by new guidance. The whole thing is a never ending disaster. Manager of mums home is such a dictator, shes loving all the new control she has now and shes not about to relinquish it!

Wish I could bring mum home or move her but incredibly difficult esp now. So sad you couldnt hug your mum, I hope you got some benefit from actually seeing her. No xmas visits for me either, but its her bday this week so hope I get a chance to give her a card..

Kellyr

Aug 8, 2020
@anxious annie the disposal thing does sound like the kind of diktat that would get handed down but I cant say for sure as my mums carehome group have said no to testing! We've gone into 'tier 4' as well so its the same old story, any case one can make for more visiting rights always gets trumped by new guidance. The whole thing is a never ending disaster. Manager of mums home is such a dictator, shes loving all the new control she has now and shes not about to relinquish it!

Wish I could bring mum home or move her but incredibly difficult esp now. So sad you couldnt hug your mum, I hope you got some benefit from actually seeing her. No xmas visits for me either, but its her bday this week so hope I get a chance to give her a card..
Ps I heard the thing about no normal visits even with the vax which if true is utterly ludicrous. At that point I think there would be legal cases bought. Half of whats going now isnt strictly legal anyway

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
All so very hard @Kellyr , hopefully when care home residents and staff have had the vaccine, managers will not find it so easy to deny family visits.