Easy to put on socks

velademar

May 1, 2022
Bit of an odd one this but wondered if anyone has recommendation for some easy on socks? My OH has ftd and mobility issues and can't bend down easily to put his socks on. I do it for him but find it difficult to get his regular M&S socks on myself he has foot arthritis and odd shaped feet so its a struggle alongside everything else. He fights against me doing it sometimes too. Got one of those devices with pull up straps to help but not easy using it on someone else. Can't seem to find any looser or larger socks designed for this issue. Any tips gratefully recieved. Thanks.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I cannot attach a link as I am on my mobile but would suggest that you Google Cosy Feet UK. I used them to buy loose socks for my OH. They are slightly expensive but wash well and are loose and comfortable.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@velademar
I cannot attach a link as I am on my mobile but would suggest that you Google Cosy Feet UK.

velademar

May 1, 2022

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
As brand recommends like M&S seem to be allowed then B&M thermal socks, a pound a pair are great, I use them as over socks with my wellies when out on my boat.
Nothing wrong with the other recommends, just a fraction of the price. K

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi, I bought my OH socks from the regatta shop. Pack of three brown marl. . My OH has oedema and very swollen feet and these socks go on with ease. I'm going to get another pack when I see a regatta shop

velademar

May 1, 2022
As brand recommends like M&S seem to be allowed then B&M thermal socks, a pound a pair are great, I use them as over socks with my wellies when out on my boat.
Nothing wrong with the other recommends, just a fraction of the price. K
Thank you x

velademar

May 1, 2022
Hi, I bought my OH socks from the regatta shop. Pack of three brown marl. . My OH has oedema and very swollen feet and these socks go on with ease. I'm going to get another pack when I see a regatta shop
Thanks v helpful x

DaftDad

Apr 8, 2024
I bought socks aimed at diabetic people for my Dad, off Amazon. The title of the item is "IOMI Footnurse - Mens 6 Pairs Cotton Non Elastic Diabetic Socks With Honeycomb Top"

He gets swollen ankles and has limited ability to reach his feet, but these socks seems to go on easily and they don't dig in when his ankle is swollen.

velademar

May 1, 2022
I bought socks aimed at diabetic people for my Dad, off Amazon. The title of the item is "IOMI Footnurse - Mens 6 Pairs Cotton Non Elastic Diabetic Socks With Honeycomb Top"

He gets swollen ankles and has limited ability to reach his feet, but these socks seems to go on easily and they don't dig in when his ankle is swollen.
Thank you, I've just looked and I'll try these too x

Moyra C

Mar 26, 2023
Bit of an odd one this but wondered if anyone has recommendation for some easy on socks? My OH has ftd and mobility issues and can't bend down easily to put his socks on. I do it for him but find it difficult to get his regular M&S socks on myself he has foot arthritis and odd shaped feet so its a struggle alongside everything else. He fights against me doing it sometimes too. Got one of those devices with pull up straps to help but not easy using it on someone else. Can't seem to find any looser or larger socks designed for this issue. Any tips gratefully recieved. Thanks.
I use fisherman’s wool socks for my Hubbie. He wears splints in both feet and used to cut the top of his socks to make them
Slacker.
They are knee high sock and he likes to wear two pair at a time. His feet are lovely and soft.
They are easier to out on too

Mustang66

Nov 27, 2019
M & S socks tops too tight, the best loose socks I found where from from Barnardo's Charity shop & I have tried loads
My tip is too put talcum powder on the feet, it makes it easier to pull the socks on, hope this help's

velademar

May 1, 2022
M & S socks tops too tight, the best loose socks I found where from from Barnardo's Charity shop & I have tried loads
My tip is too put talcum powder on the feet, it makes it easier to pull the socks on, hope this help's
Thank you I will try talc tomorrow x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shellby