Dual TV Remote Control Options

Whizzer75

Dec 27, 2022
Reading
Good Afternoon
My Dad is now finding it very difficult to turn his TV over, so will leave it on one channel as its easier. Does anyone know of a way that i can turn his TV over from my house using a dual remote or by my phone ? So he can enjoy more of the programmes that he enjoys, i have been looking on Amazon for options but recommendations would a great help. Thank You.

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
Good Afternoon
My Dad is now finding it very difficult to turn his TV over, so will leave it on one channel as its easier. Does anyone know of a way that i can turn his TV over from my house using a dual remote or by my phone ? So he can enjoy more of the programmes that he enjoys, i have been looking on Amazon for options but recommendations would a great help. Thank You.
I just found this from someone else few years ago so probably an updated version is now available. See below a copy and paste from another member. Hope this helps.

I've stumbled on a possible solution for complex TV remotes and modern TVs. There is a device you can plug in near yr TV which enables you to change channels or turn it on/off and more from anywhere.
I've seen so many posts where people have difficulties turning on the TV and changining the channel my mum included.
This is a WiFi device so requires a WiFi connection, I paid less for broadband than just BT line rental alone. It does require a bit of tech knowledge to set it up. It will control anything which has an Infrared remote control. You can also buy a version which controls radio frequency controls.
I have no interest in this product, it is available on a major online store for just under £20. Am_z_n.
Search for
Smart home WiFi remote controller.
I'm not selling this product nor am I an expert but I will try and help anyone who is interested.
It has a USB plug so it is plugged directly into my USB port on my TV, it has no standby light so hopefully won't get unplugged. It obviously only works if the TV is plugged in on standby. You also can't see anything on the TV screen so if you didn't know whether the TV was on and pressed the power button on the remote control app then you wouldn't know whether you were turning the TV on or off. So its only useful if you either have a camera or you know for certain the TV is off. The TV doesn't reply to the app it's one way only, app to TV.
The instructions in the box are very basic, you will need to know how to pair the WiFi devices in your settings, it took us a good few hours of frustration but finally it's fantastic.

Broadlink RM Mini3 Smart Home Universal Wifi IR Remote Controller Smart Home for iPhone Android 4.0+ Cellphone https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HPWMWCY/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_ja3LybJXMJRHT

Quackimus

Aug 31, 2022
Is it worth going over to Sky. At least you can just press the blue button and tell handset what channel or programme you want to watch.
I find it’s useful for my husband.

Whizzer75

Dec 27, 2022
Reading
Is it worth going over to Sky. At least you can just press the blue button and tell handset what channel or programme you want to watch.
I find it’s useful for my husband.
Thank you for your reply, my Dad has been with Virgin Media for 20 years, so new boxes and remote controls are unfortunately only going to confuse him further, I'm sure something will be out there that will make things easier.