driving

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
thanks lyntx my husband does not remember the doctor coming to see him nevermind him saying he should not drive, do not understand there scale but said he has gone down from 18 to 8 on his memory test and very rarely remembers my name so difficult to reason with, but should not drive again, driving was his last bit of independence left to him but it is for his own safety and safety of others he doesnot drive again I will just have to persevere and keep reminding him and keep keys away from him , thank you everyone for all your help

I think you're being wise. My fear was that John would look right, then look left and see a car, then look right again, and forget he'd seen a car on his left. As I said before, we nearly got divorced, because John took all his frustrations out on me - but that's what we're for, I suppose.

spree

Jun 25, 2014
north wales
Hi spree just been reading your last posting , obviously my first or previous advice or suggestions have change and I think your concerns are correct your husband shouldn’t drive , but don’t worry when he goes’ on 4th November for his assessment from your comments I’m 100% certain he would fail , I know this I have taken the driving assessment it’s not a push over quite grueling , once again sorry but I have been very passionate about my right to drive so much so I always try to give support
to fellow dementia suffers going through similar circumstances. ( spree I wish both you and your husband all the best in the future this must be a difficult time for you and you need it settled asp)

Tony xx

thank you tony dr came from hospital and re assessed him on Friday after I first posted , I thort he had gone worse didn't realised how bad he had gone don't understand how they grade alzheimer's but his is now 8 gone down from 18 so quite a drop, so not a chance off passing.

spree

Jun 25, 2014
north wales
I think you're being wise. My fear was that John would look right, then look left and see a car, then look right again, and forget he'd seen a car on his left. As I said before, we nearly got divorced, because John took all his frustrations out on me - but that's what we're for, I suppose.

thanks scarlett sounds just like my hubby and me think he sends me" home "at least once a week , you just have to let it go over your head because 5 mins later he forgetsas you say that what we here for happy days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gill Fowler