Does Any Thing Ever Go Right Help

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Near to tears feeling very emotional

The over whelming kindness of people is hard to take we have never had any thing for nothing all our lives
Man who donated and paid for it to take dormer down came round at 9 pm tonight just after finishing work we had phoned him earlier for advise on trying to sort roof space out it has got to hubby and i
working till that time of night and still giving up his time to me is unreal
I said to hubby if ever we get the roof space ok i will see if papers will do a thank you to all who helped this guy runs his own loft bussiness he is very busy and
STILL IS HELPING US
thanks all
Love Bel x

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Does anything ever

My sympathy for you Bel,we need a strong voice to support us,some have failed to keep their promises,I rememner tony Blair saying he wouldnt want to live in a country where people had to sell their homes to pay for care for themselves or their elderly relatives....
I hope his passport is in order!

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
good luck to you bel i hope you get all the help you and hubby deserve, its good to know there are still some decent people around who'l help out
take care x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re does any thing ever go right

Hi ALL
Sill in box room in single bed together with no loo got used to it but re does anything ever go right and only to be expected with this illness bas---thing they say hubbys frontal lobe dementia is on the move i knew it was getting worse but to hear it said --Sorry for getting angry but those ars--- on the council that wanted to prove a point will any of them take my hubby in and give him a shower cos we have not got one would they use a bucket for a loo
I am too tired to fight it has got us no where but i am so angry if i or all of you carers gave up and could not cope any longer We all must feel the same at times it would cost big time even though i am tiredI AM SURE YOU WILL ALL HAVE THOUGHTS ON THIS sorry for being a pain WHAT CAN WE DO
love Bel x

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Bel

I am really worried for you, you sound completely exhausted.

If you carry on struggling as you are I fear for you and your husband's health. A single bed, no sanitation and lack of ventilation must make your lives intolerable.

Why not try to go back again to the local radio and paper........ don't worry about upsetting the council.......they are elected by the local public, so let the locals know what their actions have meant for you both.

Please look after yourselves

Kathleen

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Bel,
Just wanted to send a <<<<<BIG HUG>>>>.
What space do you actually have to live in?
Love Helen

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Yes, Bel, I certainly do have my own thoughts on your appalling situation, but they are unprintable - I just wish I had a spark of inspiration to help you solve this dreadful predicament, I can't believe the Council could be quite so cruel and uncaring. Surely the local (or even a national!) paper could stir it a bit on your behalf.
I don't know how you cope. What a shame Coventry is such a long way from where we live: you'd both be more than welcome to share our facilities!
We are all thinking of you, and here comes another BIIIG HUUUG !!!

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bel, thinking of you. Thanks for the pm. Another hug coming up, love

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 293

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Thanks a million

All of you it means so much to me Nutty nan how kind its things like that restore my faith bless you Helen we have a small kitchen come lounge on first floor -box room 2nd floor was loft with dormer now roof space still qiute a bit of room but not the height we will be able to get shower toilet in there at a push hopefully the velux windows will be put in this week we had to buy a new bed cos ours was too high we would bang our heads getting in and out i cant go down the lines of newspapres etc again ---i just want it habitable again its too much for hubby and me i was promised a social worker over a week ago i was going to see if we could get any help financially for all we need to buy again I am tired of waiting i am going to chase it myself tommorrow
Re sanitation council are not intrested right from the start it was said you dont have to have a shower or bath unless you have a skin condition we dont have one ONLY DEMENTIA They will not make me bitter just cos they want to make a point we will get through this then i will ask papers to do a follow up they said they would --on the lines we survived and came good despite --and with the support of the public Sending Love to all
Bel xxxx

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Bel

"Only dementia".......marvellous.......what planet are these people from?!!!
Stay strong
Love and hugs
xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Bel,
Pleased to hear that you are sounding on the 'up' again.
They will not make me bitter
Good on you - bitterness would only be destructive of you, and make not a scrap of difference to the council. How's the new bed?
Love Helen

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Still in box room in single bed

Ordered new bed will take a couple of weeks to be deliverd roof space still like a builders yard hubby has tried with his mate for 4 weeks to rig up a small bathroom he is not so capable now everything he touches goes wrong not his fault he always used to be very handy even though we can not afford it i would like to get some one in to do the work but it would make him feel useless it has stressed me big time worrying about him plus he gets frustrated and takes it out on me understanably
But my spirits lifted tonight we have not had a shower since Sunday i said come on up and show me how it works makes him feel good he left me to it when i came down he said how was it i said great you have done a great job the best shower we have ever had he cheered i can do somthing right i said of course you can etc he remembers when he had to stop work for doing things wrong etc
IT was worth smelling all this time to see the sence of acheivement on his face only thing is i have to keep resuring him its great small price to pay
Love Bel x

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi bel

what a lovely story, even through every thing youve gone through you still manage to see the bright side of things your an inspiration.
you deserve much more than you seem to be getting at the moment.
i do hope that you wont have to wait too long
take care xxx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear bel, take my hat off to you, YOU ARE A STAR. I know life is difficult for you, so why am I moaning.

My love to you and hubby, take care,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
what couler hat are you taking off

Dear Connie
You support all of us i have only had hubby really ill for 3 years you have had it a lot longer you are a help to so many me included my hat that i am taking off to you is yellow which in flower terms is freindship dont go showing it off
cos i might charge you for it
God bless you and thank you
Love Bel x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Star*****

Bel,

Htven't replied to you before, I've been so sorry for you, bur haven't any positive help to suggest. But I have to reply now. I think it is wonderful that you can keep your sense of humour in the midst of your problems. As Connie says, you are a star.

As all the other repliers, I'm thinking of you. Keep up that courage. And perhaps all TPers should wear yellow hats!

Love, Skye

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Yellow Hats

Never had a sence of humor before but it is the best way for hubby even though like you all are hurting inside i am trying to be daft for you me and hubby
I am really being daft but cant we get somthing for AD OUT of this our situation is not right ---but there has got to be somthing we can do
When we are in roof space i will take photos and ask our son to put them on line
hubby is a great elvis fan i brought him the cotume he would love to show you all what he looks like

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
So angry

Thanks again all you keep me going B ut i am so angry i have to let it out hubby has got worse he has frontal lobe dementia they think it has moved into the temporal lobe now and i am sure all this stress with loft has a lot to do with it dam council they do not have hearts to them we are just another case any way its hubbys 60 th birthday on sunday our children have booked us in to a hotel for saturday night there is entertainment on he knows nothing about it children will turn up he will be over the moon he likes to be the centor of attention we are having a week away in a couple of weeks to chill out
sending love Bel x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re does any thing ever go right

had planned a week off we both needed it going on saturday hubby and friend put in shower friday night i had shower came down black water pooring throuh ceiling all in the electric lights turned everything off i had towels all over lounge mopping up took bucket and sponge up to hubby to mop up upstairs before more came down he said i tried to connect toilet but did not finish it that was the leak he pulled the chain ok i thought now we know whats happening so i went down to finish soaking up water just when it slowed down --a load more black water poored down bless him he flushed the mopped up water down loo and pulled the chain we sat all night with no lights thank goodness lights were ok in the morning we got away --and laughed about it so i think the colour of the hats need to be black to match water we are still in single bed but hopefully not for too much longer
love bel x