Does Any Thing Ever Go Right Help

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi bel,

just sending you some good wishes,
im in the middle of a home "makeover" and its something i wanted and its driving me mad, how you must feel i dont know, i havent got as far as a flower bucket just yet though:D thats in two weeks :eek:

hang on in there bel, were all behind you!;)

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Knew hubby would have to help

Re loft
I knew it would happen and i have tried and tried to explain why he should leave builders to it but this week there has only been 1 guy there the others will come at the week end i can understand hubbys thoughts he cant leave him to do it all by himself but his cordination in not always there -concentration memory understanding etc he had been in the building trade for years and can see what is needed plus he wants to feel like a man i do have a way of working around things with him and i can put my foot down when needed but he is not a child and he was having none of it so he has been as happy as a sandboy on the roof helping out i have been at my witts end a regular customer came in today she like me showed great concern i spoke out in front of builder and hubby after customer left about my worries builder said he felt the same --but said you cant tell him
Thank Goodness roof will be finished tommorrw
Love to all and thanks so much for your support
Bel x

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Bel
Hope you manage to get rid of the flower bucket:eek: soon.....Hubby obviously enjoying himself enormously helping, but what a worry for you! At least you get him down off the roof tomorrow.
Take care of yourselves,as dmc said, 'we're all behind you' (and now I have a 'mind' picture of all the TP members waving from your roof........:D :D )

wendy43uk

Dec 22, 2005
sheffield
Oh Dear

hi bel what can i say uou are a very strong to look after hubby while this is going on and working at the same time think i would have had to have help in or day care for the next 2 weeks well done thinking of uou a big hug xx wendy 43uk

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Waving from roof

you have made me see it a bit lighthearted May
Thinking of us all on roof with posh hats on waving i am so glad hubby is not helping with roof its finished
now the inside --he wants to do some himself and i cant put him down our neighbour will be with him for next week but he has to go back to work himself then neighbour can see hubby needs some one with him i dont know what i can do we cant afford to pay anyone any way thanks all
Maybe flower bucket will not be there too much longer may be we will miss it when it is gone -----
Love Bel x

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
Once the flower bucket has served its purpose, how about sticking a big bunch of flowers in it to cheer you up?
I know that sounds a bit like a busman's holiday, but you certainly deserve a bouquet for all you've been through!!

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
hubby wanting to do things

Roof is back to normal which is what council wanted but the inside is like a building site wish you could see it we have to wait to hear from council to say they have passed it we dont know for sure wheather they will want to see inside or not But what is happening and i knew it would and i can fully understand his feelings we have no more free help neighbours have got to go back to work they have been so good anyway
But hubby has been up in the old loft all week trying to do bits and then undoing them bless his heart he is not capable but he knows he could do it and knows we have not got money to employ people it is making him more agresive cos he is frustrated
HE SAID as he does ramble at times --but it is making me think -where are the papers and tv now to see how we are living honestly you would not keep a dog in the place we are living
What do you all think
LOVE bel x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Bel
Why don't you invite the papers back to have a look and do a follow up story?
I honestly don't know how you cope....you're one gutsy lady!!!
How's your chest?
Love x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Gutsy lady

Dear Wendy
Papers did say they would do follow up and takling and thinking about it today with hubby we are running out of money you would not let a dog live like we are
as hubby said today why dosent any one show how we are living
i know he is right as you are if i had more strenght i know i could do more i want to not for me cos i am tired but for hubby it is the builders fault so what nothing we can do but it is driving hubby mad that he has got away with it and i fully undestand where he is comming from but we have taken legal advise we dont stand a chance against builder
i do not know how i would cope with out you all
Lots of love belx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re does any thing ever go right

I have not got much fight left
Hubby has had enough in loft so got him to go to golf with mate today
but when he came back was convinced he could get shower working he has been in the building trade most of his life and knows in his head at that time what to do
I dont want to put him down and feel less of a man but the water was pouring through into lounge
How long can i keep making him feel not too bad about himself
He i know should not be doing any of this but he knows we have not got the money to employe trades men God bless him
On a lighter note we will have a cuddle in our single bed tonight
Holding on to him at night is lovelly i dont want morning to come as it is not my Bob on the same gravey train
Love Bel x

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bel honey, I don't know what to say, your post made me both sad & mad....... :( Sad for the way you are having to live at the moment and mad at that d**n council of yours who have caused all this to prove their point .
Keep going girl... sending you another ...HUG
Take care

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
If only I had a magic wand: you'd be the first person I'd use it for ............... and then everyone else on this site, of course!
Honestly, you deserve a bl***y great big bucketful of good luck, or a lottery win which would enable you two to live in decent and comfortable surroundings.
Your ability to always find a little chink of sunshine peeping through the clouds is utterly amazing - enjoy your nightly cuddles and think yourself a big hug from me!

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
oh bel

im so sorry things are still not going right for you, i wish there was something i could do to help, if i lived nearer i would be there like a shot,
you deserve a bit of good luck, hang on in there with all the good wishes from TP it cant be that long before your luck changes, and i'll be looking forward to reading your post.
here's a hug from all of us xxx

Last edited:

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re does any thing ever go right

Thanks a milloin all i could not cope with out you all i have 2 wondreful children but as i had a bad childhood being forced to do things i never should of had to do when dad was ill do not want to put the same pressure on them they understand very complicated
I cant go to the papers again as it might upset council even more we need sky lights in roof or you could not sleep up there its too hot any one can have them not us we have to wait till its passed then apply so i dare not rock the boat
phoned coucil 2 days ago to see if they have inspected it got no where we are in court again wednesday to see if and how much they are going to fine us the thing that keeps me going is tp love of my children grandchildren and holding on to my hubby at night i have got some sweet peas in garden will put them in PEE BUCKET when finished with it i would like to take a photo of it to put on line maybe some one can tell me how to do it
SENDING LOVE AND THANKS
Bel x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
If i have said it once i cant say it enough

Thanks to all for your support
All we hear in the news is doom and gloom
but the kindness of you all and my customers and friends is so good i have to try and focus on that for what we are living in and the court hearing on Wednesday
God Bless you all
Love Bel x

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Bel
Best of luck at court on Wednesday. You have been going through a terrible time, I don't know how you have managed. I would probably be having a nervous breakdown by now. You must be a very strong person. Try to continue being strong. your luck will have to change for the better sometime.
Hugs
Alfjess x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
At the 11th hour

Solicitors secatary phoned at 3 pm today council had faxed to them we do not have to go to court tommorrow talking about cutting it short we have been worried all week the solicitor will write with all the details as he was not in the office but hopefully it means we wont be fined now we have to see if they will allow velux lights we have to submit plans for this can you beleive
I though i had lost all my fight and yes i am really tired but the money is running out this b-- illness is bad enough but to see hubby try to do things over and over again and not be able it is heart breaking as i am sure a lot of you know so asked some one to call from the YOD team today we showed her the mess we were in and talked she said no one should live like this did not know what she could do but would get back to us
Thanks again all for your suppoprt it means so much
Love Bel x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Thank goodness you've some good news. Talk about leaving it until the last minute.

Take care

Jennifer