1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Documenting my Father with Dementia

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by TheJourneyWithToughKenaMan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. In a world where comprehension is entirely dependent on what we see sometimes leaves little to no room for understanding what may appear to not exist at all......WATCH NOW!! - [​IMG]

2. Routinely rehearsing music that's still somewhat fresh in my Father's memory is not only good mental exercise for him but helps preserve who I am in his mind as well.....WATCH NOW!! - [​IMG]

3. The new year has just begun and it's important to set the bar high so that you can grow into the best person you can possibly be.....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

4. "Discussing Dementia" in greater detail, Ken Keene Jr provides information, support and advice for the caregivers in this 20+ page slideshow presentation....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

5. Here is the lyric video for "Your Smile" which will soon be followed by an actual video telling a powerful story and is also dedicated to the millions of people worldwide that have been touched by dementia....WATCH NOW!! -
    [​IMG]

6. Sounding off to the rhythm of the music using four silly words..."Bom...Beep...Bom...Bom", ToughKenaMan and Son once again capture a treasured moment that will forever be saved on video....WATCH NOW!! -
    [​IMG]

7. The type of grind we were on this day was much more intense, louder and longer than usual....WATCH NOW!! -
    [​IMG]

8. That dreaded moment when your parent starts forgetting who you are....WATCH NOW!! - [​IMG][

9. As my Father drifts deeper into the many different stages of dementia, my "Next Step" of this journey raising awareness will soon begin....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

10. "Seeing me is more important than knowing who I am....it's important to see me because you know who I am based on sight alone.....you recognize me......and maybe that's all that matters" - Ken Jr......WATCH NOW!! -
    [​IMG]

11. Sharing a memory that is non existent in his Fathers mind, Ken Jr digs up a video from Jan 12, 2018 and shares it with his Dad.....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

12. "Who saw it comin....who could imagine....the strongest man in my life would before my eyes soon begin to vanish" - Your Smile

brought to you by The Journey with ToughKenaMan
    [​IMG]

13. In recent weeks there has been some positive news worth sharing that consists of reaching a broader audience with the help of a music video and the mainstream media.....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

14. "How could this be...this is so wrong...His mind was so incredibly sharp and now it seems as if it's almost gone" - Your Smile
    [​IMG]

15. "As your memory fades and were forced to slowly drift apart........Your smile will forever help keep me calm." - Your Smile
    [​IMG]

16. A wonderful opportunity to help raise dementia awareness with help from our friends from Humankind of USA Today....WATCH NOW!! - [​IMG]

17. With a little bit of research combined with proper decision-making could certainly
    help change your life for the better.....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

18. Sometime in the very near future we'll be releasing the music video "Your Smile" .....a music video highlighting the mind crippling disease dementia. An estimated 50 million people worldwide have been diagnosed and this number is expected to double in the next 20 yrs. Dementia does more than just ruin the minds of those diagnosed but also devastates the lives of caregivers and entire families as well.

Upon it's release...you can receive a personal notification by simply subscribing to The Journey with ToughKenaMan

[​IMG]

19. Sometime in the very near future we'll be releasing the music video "Your Smile" .....a music video highlighting the mind crippling disease dementia. An estimated 50 million people worldwide have been diagnosed and this number is expected to double in the next 20 yrs. Dementia does more than just ruin the minds of those diagnosed but also devastates the lives of caregivers and entire families as well....COMING SOON!!...WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]