Documenting my Father with Dementia

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by TheJourneyWithToughKenaMan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. A Gift from TEXAS!! - Shipped all the way from Texas to Pennsylvania, my Father receives his first official gift from someone he has never met or seen before....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

2. Preview Snippet #22 | Juan Lopez Carlos visits ToughKenaMan!! - Here is a preview snippet from an upcoming episode of "The Journey with ToughKenaMan"....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

3. On this Halloween visit Ken Keene Jr pays his Father a visit while disguised as a Mexican Marauder who goes by the name Juan Carlos Lopez. On this visit Ken Jr would soon learn whether or not his Father is able to recognize him....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

4. We sometimes loose focus and struggle to "see the forest through the trees" which can be the case when faced with adversity or something we are so intensely passionate about.....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

5. Your First and Last Love is unheard of these days when it comes to being with just one person.....that's what makes my Mother and Fathers relationship so special. It is a rarity and true gem having something so special that stands the test of time.....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

6. Ken Jr surprises his Father with a random visit and discovers some odd behavior that could possibly be related to his FrontoTemporal Lobe Dementia....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

7. Out cruising after a brief visit to the heart doctor, Ken Jr. DJ's the radio while ToughKenaMan keeps a watchful eye on any and all Ford vehicles they may encounter...WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

8. Ken Keene | My Mentors: What has Dennis and Greg Long taught you?........answering this question is long time member, Ken Keene whom opens up about his mentors and what he has learned from them over the years while training at Greg Longs gym....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

9. Preview Snippet #24 | UP....UP and AWAY!! - Here is a preview snippet from an upcoming episode of "The Journey with ToughKenaMan"...WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

10. Sometimes we may feel it's necessary to do more or go above and beyond when in fact it's the simple everyday things that are more than enough to keep our loved ones suffering with dementia plenty busy and entertained as well....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

11. Preview Snippet #25 | Happy Man!! - Here is a preview snippet The Journey with ToughKenaMan....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

12. While on a visit to the Neurologists office, ToughKenaMan joins his wife on a little Jingle Bells duet. WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

13. Ken Keene offers a quick bit of advice to help you grow from the people you surround yourself with. WATCH NOW!! - [​IMG]

14. Shortly after a trip to the Car Wash, it was off to PETCO for some fun observing the many different animals we normally don't see everyday as well as the colorful stuffed animals hanging on the store shelves....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

15. All the way from Kentucky, an unexpected Christmas card lands in the hands of ToughKenaMan....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

16. Not remembering a face or a name can simply come down to just one missed visit. Making routine visits will certainly help keep your identity fresh in the mind of your loved one suffering with dementia but its important to stay consistent throughout.....WATCH NOW!! [​IMG]

17. One of the great universal tools that we have to help push our differences aside, communicate and interact where we can all come together is music. Luckily at this stage, dementia has been kind enough to spare my Father of his ability to remember the music and melodies he grew up with.....WATCH NOW!![​IMG]

18. The Power of Change all begins with Using Your Voice....WATCH NOW!!
    [​IMG]

19. The many changes that occur through the different stages of dementia are sometimes subtle and can be sudden as well. While conversing through a bedside curtain that separates the both of us, I quickly learn that my Father cannot recognize who I am from just simply hearing my voice.....WATCH NOW!![​IMG]