Difference of opinion on how best to care

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes, that was pretty bad - they should have worked out at the pre-assessment appointment that your mum would need deeper sedation.
You could try contacting PALS (every hospital has one)

mage

Jan 1, 2015
Mum going through lot's of ups and downs lately she knows that something is wrong with her and she upset about this, she lives on her own but does not remember that she has lived in the same house for 30 year, and that upsets her too. She is saying that she is frightened and doesn't like living on her own :(

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Mum going through lot's of ups and downs lately she knows that something is wrong with her and she upset about this, she lives on her own but does not remember that she has lived in the same house for 30 year, and that upsets her too. She is saying that she is frightened and doesn't like living on her own :(

Start looking at Care homes, she will most likely settle really fast and well.

Bod

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
My mum stressed to me she would never leave her house. A 3 month stay in hospital had now led to a care home. She is now happy which i never expected. It can work. Fingers crossed for you.

Bud's Mum

Mar 18, 2015
Oxford
Yes, that was pretty bad - they should have worked out at the pre-assessment appointment that your mum would need deeper sedation.
You could try contacting PALS (every hospital has one)

Thanks for your tip, I have contacted PALS and they are proving really helpful, and have set aside a side room for Mum. I didn't even know they existed, so thanks again.