Diagnosis finally in!

StressedDaughter

Jan 25, 2023
So Mum has finally got her long awaited diagnosis - Alzheimers/Mixed dementia at a moderate to severe stage.
None of the medications are deemed suitable as she now has bradycardia and heart failure.
Whilst waiting she has moved into a care home due to her condition so really the final diagnosis is just an entry on her medical records!

SherwoodSue

Jun 18, 2022
Now you have reached this significant point in your journey, how are you feeling stressed daughter ?

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
So Mum has finally got her long awaited diagnosis - Alzheimers/Mixed dementia at a moderate to severe stage.
None of the medications are deemed suitable as she now has bradycardia and heart failure.
Whilst waiting she has moved into a care home due to her condition so really the final diagnosis is just an entry on her medical records!
💗 We were the same Dad and although we knew it was dementia to see it written down felt strange. I still have the paper in my bag. How are you feeling?

StressedDaughter

Jan 25, 2023
Now you have reached this significant point in your journey, how are you feeling stressed daughter ?
Resigned to the facts, surprised they think it’s not far off severe and sad - sad for the times where Mum isn’t really Mum and apprehensive for what the future will bring. Happy she is safe in the care home and frustrated we waited for so long. It’s really a huge mix of emotions!

StressedDaughter

Jan 25, 2023
💗 We were the same Dad and although we knew it was dementia to see it written down felt strange. I still have the paper in my bag. How are you feeling?
It’s hard because you know anyway but it does feel strange. I was surprised the advisor thought she was heading quickly to the severe stage. Mum’s hospital admission at Xmas meant she moved into a care home so at least she is safe and well looked after.

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
It’s hard because you know anyway but it does feel strange. I was surprised the advisor thought she was heading quickly to the severe stage. Mum’s hospital admission at Xmas meant she moved into a care home so at least she is safe and well looked after.
💗 I still almost cannot quite believe it which is probably why I keep the paper with me. Take good care of yourself x