Depression

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
I love it Hazel you nut !!!

And anyone who hasn`t been following this thread will assume that another member of Fifis family has joined TP and will worry about a possible invasion.

What fun to be silly.
Love Suzi la singe.........deux x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Mesdames,
jeanierec said:
ps. maybe I should take this rubbish to the tea room instead of inflicting it on TP
Here is a moderator's perspective:

Generally speaking, a thread that has a very frivolous nature from the start should really be in la salle de boire du thé.

When there is a topic that is a serious one, and it is insensitively hijacked by another member into areas of irrelevance or frivolity, then that is probably not a good thing and, according to the particular situation, we will tell them that.

When someone posts a new thread on a serious topic, and ends up taking it into a less serious zone, and particularly when the process seems to have helped them, ....... well, that is what TP is here for, and we're delighted.

Zut alors, sacré bleu
:)

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Thankyou Bruce , I was a bit scared on reading the start of your post but delighted that you entered into the spirit of the thing. It just evolved naturally and I will definately visit the tearoom in future but as I`m sure you will appreciate it was all Noisettes fault and I was just an innocent !!!!

Small update , took mum to the eye clinic this morning and in spite of her best attempts to sabotage her eye condition there has been a small improvement mainly due, the doctor says ,to the fact she`s been on the right drops and the right dose for the last week.

I`m over the moon though it hasn`t made any discernable difference to mums mood which is as low as ever so I`ve made an appointment for her to see her GP next week .

Jeanie x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Be thankful for small mercies Jeanie. At least your mum`s eyes haven`t suffered.

I hope the GP will be able to help.

Love xx

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Hi Sylvia

You`re absolutely right and I am so conscious that if there had been real deterioration how much more complicated would life have become.

One thing that has bothered me though and I hope its not signalling a "sea change " after I`d left her and come home and we`d had numerous repetetive phonecalls ( which are par for the course ) she rang me and said " I think we have unfinished business " I asked her what she meant and she didn`t know I reminded her what a nice morning we`d had and what a good result from the eye clinic but nevertheless when she said it it sounded really confrontational , I don`t know what if anything to make of it .

Haven`t yet caught up with everyones news today and am about to do so but I do hope things have settled down a bit for you after the stressful and upsetting time you`ve been going through .

Thinking of you and sending love n hugs

Jeanie x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Jeanie, your mum will have forgotten about the `unfinished business `the next time you talk to her. Try not to worry about it.

My life is changing hourly. So by the time you catch up with any of my posts, should you be interested, and I apologize for boring the socks off everyone, my situation will have changed.

Never mind. It`s our grandson`s 9th. birthday tomorrow and we are invited to his birthday tea.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
jeanierec said:
as I`m sure you will appreciate it was all Noisettes fault and I was just an innocent !!!!

Suzi, how could you? Everyone knows how I was led astray!

I'm so glad your mum's eyes are OK, it must be such a relief for you. Don't worry about the 'unfinished business', as Sylvia says, she'll have forgotten it by tomorrow.

Love,

jeanierec

May 7, 2007
north yorkshire
Hi Sylvia our little star ( your new psuedonym from me ! )

Have just caught up with your day .....my goodness you must be so weary ,whoever coined the phrase " variety is the spice of life " hasn`t "walked a mile in your shoes" and thats for sure .

I`m absolutely certain an early night won`t be on the cards so may talk later but if not have a lovely time tomorrow and by the way what a lucky little boy he is having a granny like you !

Love Jeanie x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Jeanie, my single name was Stern, which I hated, but is apparently German for Star.
I can cope with Star, if it`s the twinkly kind.;)