Dear Diary!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Congratulations @Eddcorner
Whilst I like children, I'm not really into babies, but I appreciate that most people are & certainly my OH loves seeing them I expect your mum does too.
Oh I always get broody @Chizz, so much so my ex wife made me get the snip after we had three of our own but then again she did say that being married to myself was like having a fourth child... 🤔😉 Yes mum loves little ones, given her quite a lift after seeing great-grandaughter and our new addition too via videochat ❤

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Thanks to everyone for their congrats on the arrival of my new grandson!!! As you can guess we've been terribly busy with one thing or another of late, long may it continue :) Seeing my granddaughter with a lightsaber was one of the highlights of my evening, definitely takes after her dad and myself in that regard!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh I always get broody @Chizz, so much so my ex wife made me get the snip after we had three of our own but then again she did say that being married to myself was like having a fourth child... 🤔😉 Yes mum loves little ones, given her quite a lift after seeing great-grandaughter and our new addition too via videochat ❤
i always said i had 4 plus a bigger kid

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Mum talking more frequently at the moment albeit one or two words at a go, her usage of 'no' (not heard for a long while) is nice to hear too. Used in context when answering a query with nonverbal cues is amazing to see, summer months always bring greater cognizance :) Brain fog has always been a seasonal thing with mum.

Last edited:

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Really gives me a lift when mum is brighter especially after a challenging weekend, had to push fluids & everything else more-so than usual as there was a hint of 'something' which has fortunately cleared up now... And when one thing goes wrong it's like a whole pack of dominoes falling one after the other so you have to act quick smart!! You just know when things aren't clicking into place as usual, saying that as we've entered our tenth year on this journey thankfully we're in a better position knowledge wise to preempt such events :) Phew!

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Really gives me a lift when mum is brighter especially after a challenging weekend, had to push fluids & everything else more-so than usual as there was a hint of 'something' which has fortunately cleared up now... And when one thing goes wrong it's like a whole pack of dominoes falling one after the other so you have to act quick smart!! You just know when things aren't clicking into place as usual, saying that as we've entered our tenth year on this journey thankfully we're in a better position knowledge wise to preempt such events :) Phew!
Ten years Edd - it's a long time!
It's true we do become experts at preemting these events. One day at a time is the only way to approach this journey, maybe.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Ten years Edd - it's a long time!
It's true we do become experts at preemting these events. One day at a time is the only way to approach this journey, maybe.
Yep... a whole decade!! I threw away my textbooks and 'so called' psychological insights ;) a long time ago @Neveradullday! Mum is mum not a research exercise & no amount of planning or expertise can prepare you for the brain-fog, learnt a long while gone it's our own personal journey that has shaped the type of support we give each other :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Assisted mum with second personal visit 3.27-3.45am and then laid on top of bed to settle her (and get some zedding time myself haha) as per norm, we both dropped off quick-smart... woken up at 5am by a bright eyed and bushy tailed smiling mother tugging at my hair! Such is life peeps! ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Checked on mum at 3am temp-wise as it can fluctuate wildly especially at night and was fine and dandy, then at just before 3.30am got up to assist her with a personal visit... totally drenched in sweat head to toe :( Mustn't have been very pleasant for her but was sorted out very quickly as I didn't want it cooling on her skin and causing a case of the shivers. Went asleep straight after but that misfiring autonomic nervous system has a lot to answer for!!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
After some reflection managed to come up with a solution for night-time temp fluctuations... extra covers placed on left side as mum lies on the right with a 'breathable' pockets of space on the latter; worked reasonably well thank goodness!! Had similar issues last year and utilised same approach with positive effect then too :) Mum still sleeping less (haha) which eats into my own 4hours zedding time but at least she's more comfortable now.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Well @Eddcorner you must have trained yourself to manage, as I'm sure I couldn't cope with only 4 hours sleep each night on a long term basis. It probably helps that you're younger, stronger, more resilient than us oldies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Connorreece1