Day by day

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Yes, the sun makes everyone sunny!
Although it was hot, there's a slight breeze across the adjacent cricket field, so had a good game of tennis this morning, stopping at about 11.30am before it was too too hot. Being outside makes such a difference.
Can't praise the sitter service enough.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Yes, the sun makes everyone sunny!
Although it was hot, there's a slight breeze across the adjacent cricket field, so had a good game of tennis this morning, stopping at about 11.30am before it was too too hot. Being outside makes such a difference.
Can't praise the sitter service enough.
Sitters make such a difference to our lives. Hubby likes the ones who come here although he does say now and again that he does not need a baby sitter. 😂

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Sitters make such a difference to our lives. Hubby likes the ones who come here although he does say now and again that he does not need a baby sitter. 😂
You said "he does not need a baby sitter" - we have a full grown adult sitter!😄

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I have a dental appointment this afternoon and hubby is saying once again that he does not need a sitter. I have reminded him that he likes her and that I need a break now and again.
I am also using the time to take washing to the laundry because of the broken washing machine. Why couldn’t it have been the oven or the dishwasher. 😂

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
I have a dental appointment this afternoon and hubby is saying once again that he does not need a sitter. I have reminded him that he likes her and that I need a break now and again.
I am also using the time to take washing to the laundry because of the broken washing machine. Why couldn’t it have been the oven or the dishwasher. 😂
Why @SeaSwallow would you take the oven or the micro wave to the laundry?

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hubby has been very tired for the last couple of days, slept the whole afternoon yesterday and he normally enjoys talking to the Monday sitter.
Phew, the most painful part of yesterday's visit to the dentist was paying for it, did not even need gums to be frozen. Why oh why do I get myself so worked up about the dentists.
A sunny windy day so I have done some washing by hand and hopefully it will be almost dry by the end of the day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hubby has been very tired for the last couple of days, slept the whole afternoon yesterday and he normally enjoys talking to the Monday sitter.
Phew, the most painful part of yesterday's visit to the dentist was paying for it, did not even need gums to be frozen. Why oh why do I get myself so worked up about the dentists.
A sunny windy day so I have done some washing by hand and hopefully it will be almost dry by the end of the day.
i know it may sound stupid but a spin drier would be good as a back up.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I have thought about this in the past, for times when the washing machine goes AWOL. Must check how much they cost.
when i was in temp accommodation with 4 kids, i didnt have my washing machine. i had a drier and was doing it all by hand. my husband got me a second hand spin drier and it saved time and a lot of work.

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
I have thought about this in the past, for times when the washing machine goes AWOL. Must check how much they cost.
I bought a spin drier called a White Knight a few years back , it was a £100 then , I use it everyday a have done since i bought it. As long as one loads it for balance it's fine and works very well . I set my washing machine to spin at 800 RPM so as to not strain the bearings and my floor and then spin dry in spinner. Works a treat and i dry on an airer indoors . All dry in a day even sheets.

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
I bought a spin drier called a White Knight a few years back , it was a £100 then , I use it everyday a have done since i bought it. As long as one loads it for balance it's fine and works very well . I set my washing machine to spin at 800 RPM so as to not strain the bearings and my floor and then spin dry in spinner. Works a treat and i dry on an airer indoors . All dry in a day even sheets.
By the way the spinner goes at 2400RPM very much better than the washing machine which only goes to 1400RPM.