Covid vaccination

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh, I've never registered as a carer with my gp. Was that pretty straightforward. I wonder if its too late to do so. ?

Dad is completely immobile and doubly incontinent and so it takes me and mum to look after him every day. He would definitely be in some kind of risk if I were knocked out by covid.
No I don't think so @Kay111. Why don't you do it today?

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Kay111
Best way to inform GP is to drop a note on
Most GPs use this, have a look on the practice web site and register if you have not already done so.

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Hi all, thank you. I managed to notify my GP online. Fingers crossed they're accepting and processing them and I'm considered for a vaccination :)

@MaNaAk - what did they say?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
That's good news @Kay111. They didn't say much about side effects one lady asked whether more physical contact is allowed after the vaccination to which they said it's still best to follow the rules especially if you've only had the first vaccination. Another lady asked whether it was safe to breastfeed to which they said it was okay and a third person asked whether if you have a first vaccination with one medicine can you have Astra Zeneca as a second vaccination and this was not recommended.

MaNaAk

Jan L

Mar 26, 2020
I am a volunteer at our local vac hub.
The problem is, they don't always get the volume of vaccine that is required.
That said , we did 190 jabs yesterday, between 2pm and 6 pm.

After 4 the nurses could tell they had more vaccine than anticipated booked patients so accompanying carers got a shot.
Believe me, they are doing then best they can
Well done to all concerned. They could do with a list of people on stand by who are prepared to go at short notice, anything to ensure all the vaccine is put to good use and not wasted.

Jan L

Mar 26, 2020
No I don't think so @Kay111. Why don't you do it today?

MaNaAk
I am the sole carer, 24/7 for my Husband who is in the later stages of the combined Dementia, he is unable to speak, doesn't know his way around the house, unable to use the bathroom on his own, I hace to cut his good up now and put his knife and fork in the correct hand, unable to walk more than a few yards and can't get up and downstairs on his own. I am looking into getting a stair lift, as we speak. The Doctors we saw for years have now retired and I find the new ones aren't interested and we only see them once a year for the medicine review and then it is a different one each time. Last year when I raised a query at my Hsband's review I was told the NHS prescribe and monitor his medicine and that was it, nothing else was anything to do with him, there was nothing else he could five him. I just soldier on alone and get through each day as best I can.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Slightly disappointed today after a phone call from the Care Home. It turns out that the vaccinations last week did not take place, something to do with the GP not being ready but I wonder if it was too rushed to get all the consents in. So today I was asked to give my consent again for them to take place tomorrow.

Oddly, when we visited mum last Wednesday, she said that she could remember having a jab the previous day and I was fooled!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Slightly disappointed today after a phone call from the Care Home. It turns out that the vaccinations last week did not take place, something to do with the GP not being ready but I wonder if it was too rushed to get all the consents in. So today I was asked to give my consent again for them to take place tomorrow.

Oddly, when we visited mum last Wednesday, she said that she could remember having a jab the previous day and I was fooled!
Supply is a real issue.

Milvus

Sep 5, 2019
Our neighbours have had theirs but my mum who is cared for at home and is houseband,has to be visited by a van,the GP surgery can't even tell me when as they said it's being done by an outside body.She has 8 carers throughthe door each day,so I hope it's not too long.She's 82
Same here. My mother is 82 and classed as housebound and I was told by her medical centre that her vaccination would happen automatically and was being organised centrally, whatever that means. Nothing to do with them apparently. I'm rather sceptical about anything happening as she has fallen through the net so many times in the past. I'm gearing up for a fight already!

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My mother in law was due to have her vaccination on Friday at home, but it didn’t happen. Apparently there was a problem with supply. At least she is on the radar, and I hope it happens soon.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
with my doctors, they have to be put on the housebound list which they always need to be reminded of. i had my flu vaccine at home after reminding them. i always seem to slip through the net but ive been told by one nurse to always insist on it.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Last week I received a letter from NHS offering me vaccination at a site of my choice, giving me a phone No. or booking on line. When I tried on line my options were at a County hub right in the middle of the virus hot spot 20 miles away or hubs up to 55miles away. I decided not to bother and wait until I heard from my GP. Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from the local surgery offering me an appointment first thing tomorrow morning at the local hub and giving me the second date in April.
I will be up and out early in the morning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5