Coping with my mom's dementia

Christinp

Jun 22, 2024
Hello, my name is Chris. I found this support forum this morning. After reading how others are trying to cope with their loved one's dementia, I decided to join the forum to see if this may be helpful for me.

I have feelings of depression and anger over watching my mom mentally disappear. She recently lost her husband a month ago, and now I have moved her into a care home near me. She is now in stage six of the disease.

As I write these words, I think this might be helping because I'm finally crying. I guess this may be a good thing this forum. I haven't grieved over my stepdad's loss or what my mom is going through. I have only expressed anger, and made attempts to push people away. Not sure where to go from here...

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It is what it is and I've adimited to crying more than once on here about my wife and mum.
Thank you for posting, read and understood. K

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Christinp.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It’s understandable that you feel as you do. It’s really good that you’ve found this forum. People here will understand and support you. So many mixed emotions but I think it’s good that you did cry. I hope sharing here will help you.

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
Oh Chris, you have been through the mill. Any way you can find of getting some of these enormous feelings out, must be a good thing. Cry, post on the internet, yell at the universe, whatever helps. We’re here and listening.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
@Christinp . You have a lot to cope with and you have now taken the first step in the grief process by joining this forum.
It is never easy and I have to tell you that many of us have cried as we type our posts on here.
Whatever you need to say there will always be someone here to listen and understand.
Take care and keep posting.