Confusion

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi @Francisco,
does your wife still go out of the house ? If so could you go for lunch or something else and just pop in to the GP on your way back home with no warning beforehand. If she questions it would she accept that you need to see the Dr and she may as well come with you. Gp may go along with this if warned beforehand and simply asking how she is in the appointment could open things up.

Francisco

Jul 26, 2020
Hi @silkiest, GP and myself have tried e.g., nabbing her when she goes for flu jab but for various reasons they haven't worked. We'll add your idea to the list - many thanks.

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
Hi Francisco, I have just read all the posts again, my eyes are full of tears, everything is a carbon copy of the things I’ve been going through with my wife who has Lewy body dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Her diagnosis was over three years ago, and when my two sons and I think back we can see many things had started years beforehand.
I am now at the stage where after many phone calls, I managed to get our booster jabs and flu jabs done at home. I’ve also in the last two weeks managed to get the memory clinic to get a team member to come to the house, and also the district nurse. There is no chance I could have taken my wife, she sleeps 95% of the time, has started to get very unsteady moving, hasn’t made sensible conversation for over two years, incontinence has started, and doesn’t know who I am, or my sons. Her sister passing away, her birthday, Christmas and our Golden wedding anniversary, meant nothing to her.
Like you I’m doing everything, I have a sitter once a week so I can get out for a couple of hours. So as you can see it will get an awful lot worse, you need a diagnosis for both your sakes, be forceful and get the doctor to call on you, or your health will start to suffer.
Its a horrible terminal illness, and watching someone you’ve spent most of your life with slowly slipping away is devastating.
Be strong, and keep posting, there’s lots of people on here who have been through it.

Francisco

Jul 26, 2020
Hi Francisco, I have just read all the posts again, my eyes are full of tears, everything is a carbon copy of the things I’ve been going through with my wife who has Lewy body dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Her diagnosis was over three years ago, and when my two sons and I think back we can see many things had started years beforehand.
I am now at the stage where after many phone calls, I managed to get our booster jabs and flu jabs done at home. I’ve also in the last two weeks managed to get the memory clinic to get a team member to come to the house, and also the district nurse. There is no chance I could have taken my wife, she sleeps 95% of the time, has started to get very unsteady moving, hasn’t made sensible conversation for over two years, incontinence has started, and doesn’t know who I am, or my sons. Her sister passing away, her birthday, Christmas and our Golden wedding anniversary, meant nothing to her.
Like you I’m doing everything, I have a sitter once a week so I can get out for a couple of hours. So as you can see it will get an awful lot worse, you need a diagnosis for both your sakes, be forceful and get the doctor to call on you, or your health will start to suffer.
Its a horrible terminal illness, and watching someone you’ve spent most of your life with slowly slipping away is devastating.
Be strong, and keep posting, there’s lots of people on here who have been through it.
Thanks JC51 for the solidarity and the insight into where we're headed. You're right about getting a diagnosis, I spoke to the GP yesterday and will follow up with a written update. A consideration always is wishing to minimise the distress for my wife - but if my health suffers, I know she'll be in worse trouble...