1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Crafts101

Crafts101 Registered User

Aug 22, 2019
    I wondered if it might be connected with the vd from all of the information overload I am reading through and trying to understand. This forum though seems a great place for getting answers/help to the daily things we are all experiencing. I did start to wonder if I had a problem with my sense of smell as I could not detect what mum was smelling and getting worried about. Thanks

2. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Female

3. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Registered User

Sep 2, 2019
    Female
    Hello Shartyrr
    It upset me to read that you feel lonely when you aren't able to watch TV as the sound aggravates your husband's symptoms.
    Do you watch programmes on a traditional 'stand in the corner' TV, if so, does it have a hole (not very technical but I don't know the proper name) that you can plug earphones into. Likewise, watching and listening to TV on a laptop / tablet / phone will be easy with earplugs plugged in.

TV can be such a lifesaver, it connects you to the outside world and brings normality / drama / laughter and stress relief to you.

My mum can still cope with company, but I am sure other TP members will have lots of advice on how to plan for family get-togethers with minimal disruption / upset to your husband.

Please don't be lonely, post often and gain strength and insight from others.