CARE LOG

Cookie13

Jun 28, 2024
Hello, a search on Google brought me to this forum so I hope I am in the right place. My Dad has had Dementia for many years now, in 2019 an LPA was assigned then in 2021 the LPA was removed by the COP and the Police were investigating my complaint of abuse and neglect by the LPA. Now the Police have closed the investigation for the second time as I complained they had not investigated properly the first time so they agreed to investigate again, they spoke to nobody and again second time they have spoken to no witnesses or people who would have relevant information and this includes the Care agency that looked after Dad at the time. I called the care agency today to ask if they could send me Dads care log or let me have access and they said they no longer can because social services were involved and a Solicitor took over as Dads Deputy, is this correct that I cannot see it? They confirmed the Police had not contacted them to look through the care log so clearly they havev failed to investigate properly again but if I cannot get access to that care log and the Police dont it gets wiped after 5 years that is it, all the proof gone

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Cookie13

Please contact the Helpline. I`m sure they will be able to tell you where you stand.