Cancel. Tv license and bt landline

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
Mum won't be coming home. Her tv license is due to renew thus month. I won't be renewing it.
She has a bt landline which I am also going to cancel. Can I just do this , or are they going to ask gor my power of attorney

Toopie28

Jun 7, 2022
I did it through email - are you able to do that? For the phone.
They asked the usual "security" questions - DOB and account number and so on.

There was one that was a pain and I can't remember which so I ended up calling as my Ma.
The guy on other end of the phone said - em, you sound young for 92 and I said "thank you, what else d'ya need". Gas I think - anyway did the job.

TV License you have to pay (in Scotland) so I won't renew. Sure others will pitch in.

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
Yes we are in Scotland. I have been known to be my mum when I talk to providers. I just call them son.. lol

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Just make sure BT don’t charge you until the end of the contract- they shouldn’t when someone goes into care but some have had arguments.

Im glad i‘m not the only one who has been ‘mum’ 🙈🙈 I once or twice did a ‘ooh let me see I can remember’ to a question tp have fun…..I bet they know 🤣🤣

Jake's Nan

Aug 12, 2021
TV licence was easy all done online just put moved to care home, got refund for the months already paid. Brother was with Virgin media once again phone call explaining situation and sorted immediately.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
If you're over 75 and in receipt of pension credits you don't have to pay for a TV licence.
If there are no tv's in the house you don't need one either, I don't know how that helps. K

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
If you're over 75 and in receipt of pension credits you don't have to pay for a TV licence.
If there are no tv's in the house you don't need one either, I don't know how that helps. K
no benefits so have to pay . The house will be going on the market soon i suspect , but other than my brother popping up regularly and me staying over when i visit once or twice a week will be empty. I can survive without the tv and i my brother and i have mobiles so neither is needed. Ive already cancelled her sky package . Seems she has been a customer for 19 years (this contract) and was paying £86 per month as she loves her sports. Thats about £19,000

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beebz