Can it get any worse?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
What a blessing this site is. Thank you all so much for your kind words of support, love and care. It is such a relief to "talk" to others who know exactly how you're feeling.

Thank you all so much.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
What a blessing this site is. Thank you all so much for your kind words of support, love and care. It is such a relief to "talk" to others who know exactly how you're feeling.

Thank you all so much.

It's of no comfort I know but they put those who are most critically ill nearer to the nurses bay, five heart attacks later, I remember looking forward to mum going further up the ward. There are so many complex needs. Mum has three stents now and a defib, I am hoping that with a better heart function it will slow down the progression of the disease for you both.

Is there anything they can do to ensure he doesn't wander off the ward?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
After several long discussions, it was decided not to operate on John, and to try controlling his illness with tablets - 19 in total! I arranged to be at the hospital at 4, to accompany the ambulance back home, and was just about to leave at 2, when the ward clerk phoned ......... to tell me that John had been discharged 20 minutes earlier!

What a good thing I hadn't left because John didn't have a door key, so I don't know what would have happened. I won't send him to his club for another couple of weeks, as he is so disorientated and frightened, and clings to me. He had a CT scan today for his lung problems and I insisted on accompanying him, so they gave me a radiation overall to wear, which was fine.

We have a GP appointment tomorrow, and a heart clinic visit on Thursday - what a social life!