Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I could cry for both of you :( As you say, we would not let an animal suffer like this (in fact, we could be prosecuted if we did!) and yet you have to watch your poor mum in pain and afraid. Is the priest due to visit gain soon? I know your mum, found it reassuring last time.

I know how difficult this limboland is and am sending you lots of ((((((hugs))))))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @canary

I asked the pharmacist & he said the best thing is cooking coconut oil. I’ve found an old fashioned, light very smooth manicure tool & am using that to apply. She’s also developed some dry patches on her face & I'm putting some on there too. Her lip looks so sore, it’s got Cristy bits on it now :(

She struggled to recognise me this morning & was very polite to the Carer. Definately not recognising her :(

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
((((Sam))))

Could you ask the DN to give you a supply of mouth swabs, (the lollipop-type sticks), and show you exactly how to use them?
My Mum wouldn't let anyone except my nephew go near her with one at first, he had 'The Knack' and tons of patience and then we realised she had oral thrush. He spent ages carefully cleansing her tongue and after a few hours she actually said "better" with a smile.
Me and my sibs eventually got the knack too.
Just watch out for the thrush.

You must be so very tired now. I hope Pooch has let you hug him and you're managing to eat, we existed on butties, brandy, coffee and monster munch!
I was a bit fanatical and wouldn't let anyone drink or eat in front of Mum and no cooking because of smells that may have made her nauseous. Any hot food brought to the house was eaten outside, in the garden, in February (not recommending this - just my control-freakery!).

More (((hugs))) xxxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

The priest has been again & Mum is peaceful again, although she has an awful headache & is refusing to take anything for it :(

I’m just sitting around waiting for the DN who are supposed to come “in the afternoon”, such a helpful time scale.

Youngest is coming after work, he’s orimised bone crushing hugs :D Bless his heart :)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sending some hugs xxxxx

I know it's a cliche but do try and get some rest/sleep, you can't do it all you have to share and sleep when other family are there with your mum

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Oh Sam my heart goes out to you, such a difficult time, it must be awful for you to watch your dear Mum in such discomfort. I do hope the DN can sort your Mums lips and mouth.I hope the Priest has been again it's obviously giving your Mum some comfort to see him. Don't forget he's there for you too, if you feel the need to talk as you know am I.
Constantly in my thoughts Sam. Don't know if I can match the lovely Man in his car who stopped to give you a kiss but I'm sending you and your Mum and of course pooch the warmest of (((((((((((hugs))))))))))xxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Prudence9

I’m waiting on the DN to ask for suggestions. ....

DN now been. Hmm. Don’t think she’s that impressed with the GP :rolleyes:

So. Mum is managing 2-3 sips of water. More than that & she vomits. She refuses paracetamol tablets during the day. We’ve requested liquid. They sent soluble :mad: I’ve not phoned as I’d have let rip. She phoned. They are changing back to tablets :eek: Another call & they eventually got it. Liquid paracetamol being sent over

Onto the next wrong prescription. They are sorting that

Finally get to mums sore lips & now oral thrush. DN phones again & requests satin (?). GP says “can’t it wait till Monday?”
DN. “NO IT CANNOT WAIT TILL MONDAY”
Prescription on it’s way
I love her l:D
It’s not her usual surgery & she’s finding them “challenging” :rolleyes:

I forced down 2 boiled eggs at lunchtime. I’m surviving on coffee, Capt Morgan’s & belVita softbakes. I’m trying to cook when the Carer is here, with the door wide open. Mum smells food & thinks she should eat, but doesn’t want to. I’m trying to stop cooking smells as I feel guilty about the effect on her :(

DN is going to ask for night sitter from NHS, she said “she’s on her way now” about Mum :(

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Oh many (((hugs Sam))) XXX
Thank goodness for those DNs, when they're good they're wonderful.
Hope you can sleep tonight.
Bless your Mum and you and Pooch.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I am trying to share it out @jugglingmum. You don’t realise how much you do, until you try to tell someone else. Brother is trying, but hearing aid battery change stumped him. She’s very fidgety & I can guess at lots of things, but he can’t, so it’s still very much up to me. At least I get a few hours proper sleep at night.

Hugs are great. Youngest is an hour away, I’m going to tell him how many he needs to give me :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

I think it’s the sudden massive change that I’m struggling with. It’s onky a year since Blackpool, but it’s a different life entirely. Four days & she’s struggling to work out who I am. It’s so fast. Yet, it’s nit fast enough, not if she is hurting. She keeps having a little cry, says she’s feeling sorry for herself, or she’s got something in her eye.

The priest was lovely. She slept peacefully for an hour after his visit. I wish he couid come every day o_O

Heaven knows what the people at the bus stop thought. Car stops. Old boy climbs out, walked over to me & gives me a kiss :eek: He is a sweetheart, always asks after Mum & makes a fuss of Pooch ;)

Hugs always welcome o_O