Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta, thank you, peaceful as possible at this time. Pooch is very morose. I took him for a longer walk this morning, but he is either lying near Mum, or in his bed.

I’m passing your hugs to Pooch. I think he’s needing the extra love today :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @2jays

I really can’t believe it’s just 3 days since she took such a downturn. It feels like weeks already. It’s not just the lack of sleep, it’s the walk through treacle that’s so draining.

Everything is done in bites. I don't want to be out the room much, so although I started filling the machine at 10.00, I’ve only just finished hanging the washing & it wasn’t a lot. I’ve thought about mopping the floor, but I don't think I’ll get to that today :rolleyes:

Oooh. Are big capital hugs bigger & longer :D I’m imagining they are & I'm pinching the lot :p

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Oh Sam it is such a precious time, 2jays is right but it's hard to see that through the tunnel vision at the time.
As long as you can manage to wash and dry bedding and enough clothes to throw on after 10 seconds in the shower then the mopping, dusting, hoovering etc. can go and get stu££ed! Don't give yourself more work XXX

Thinking of you all every day and sending you and Pooch many (((hugs))) and lots of love xxxxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Prudence9

I’m trying to sort the washing, but I really do need to clean up. The house has that “sick person” smell. I obviously can’t hoover, but I did want to try lemon mopping the floors. I’ve not managed of course

Hugs are great. Pooch is now lying under mums profile bed. He looks so sad :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Poor Pooch! He clearly knows something is wrong :(

I completely agree with the suggestion that you leave as much of the housework as you can bear to. Is there anyone who could do some for you? One of the many people you have helped out?

I am sure that the large font, capital letter hugs are extra strength. Mine are small but deceptively powerful (completely unlike me!) and I am sending more for you and Pooch ((((((hugs))))))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Poor Pooch is right @Slugsta I let her go away in a big yellow van twice & he searched for her all the time. He’s mooching around all day now. Off his food. Comes for a short snuggle, then flops on the floor. He’s really good as a GM :rolleyes:

J was going to help out, but she’s doing extra hours herself & is really tired. S the cleaner has said it’s too much for her & although promising to visit ....

I’ll just stock up on hugs & keep on plodding

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m struggling to stay awake, mums been doing the erratic breathing for a few hours now, It’s becoming my new normal.

The stubborn indepenant proud lady isn’t here, instead, there is a frail scared shadow. Her lips are blistered & ulcerated. She struggles to draw on a straw & a beaker cup is painful. She’s very thirsty but more than 3 sips at a time makes her vomit. This is cruel. Just how long must she keep doing this & why?

If Pooch was in all over pain, struggling to breath & unable to eat, although it would break my heart, I’d take him to the vet. My mum doesn’t get an option. She has to keep suffering.

My thread title has a new meaning tonight.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I keep thinking about @bluejcas, recently diagnosed. I know Mum was living alone when given her diagnosis & it terrified her. I just hope @bluejcas is not alone in this

I guess I’m looking for something outside my life to focus on, but it’s playing on my mind.