Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @Amy in the US

Loving the hug supply, they do help.

I’ve blagged a few syringe drivers off the DN today. The DN’s were less than impressed that none had been sent with the meds. I now have several, so I can simply fill & administer without too much fuss

The DN’s & Hospise have been great. Very supportive & understanding. They are so kind & gentle with mum.

Poor mum doesn’t want anyone else coming in, so I’ll hold off on the priest for a few days. It is comforting for her, but it’s probably a bit scarey suddenly seeing so many dog collars.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi all,

Sam, I can imagine that suddenly seeing the priest so often could put the wind up one! Your poor mum sounds very scared, but ti might be about the whole situation rather than the thought of the afterlife (I guess she believes in one, which is the important thing at the moment). I know you are doing everything you can to deal with that, but some things just can't be helped :(

The comment about not being able to afford medicine might go back to her early nursing days before the NHS perhaps? I'm glad that the things you need are now being provided - and that includes compassionate care for you too.

This forum is a godsend but it is a shame that we are all so far flung. That limits the help we can give and means that the hugs cannot be administered in person :( Please know that it does not limit our love and care for you though.

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
Lovely Sam, I always read your posts and just want to send a hug and tell you how amazing you are. Don't feel you need to reply, but just feel the love we are all sending you and your mum. xx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @rosy18

I do wish we couid get Mum to a comfortable stage. However, I think we now have the reason why she has been resisting pain meds. Mum told the DN she doesn’t want to take them as they make her sleepy. If she’s too sleepy, she might not wake up in time & she might mess herself :( That tore at my heart. I’ve no idea what we can do, although a friend suggested a catheter could be fitted. I can see Mum getting upset if / when that is suggested :(

I feel greedy asking the priest to visit too much. I’m sure he is busy enough without someone outside his parish asking for so much. I will ask him next week & maybe ask if he can come several times a week & see what his reaction is. o_O

Thank you for the hugs, much needed right now. I do feel pretty self absorbed taking hugs & giving little to nothing back. I’ve not even asked how your mum is, or if you are getting any more sleep. Rubbish friend I am :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I can picture you @2jays out on the terrace in Ireland, hands on hips telling me to “hush up” & everything will be ok.

Keep talking & the tears will come, ready or not. Thank you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thinking of you too Sam. It's the hardest of times to watch and wait. As others have said tears will come when the time is right for you. I'm glad you can share here.

Thank you. It’s funny how it helps, but I feel like I know you all, even though I’ve only met a few. Thank heavens for TP

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, please don't feel that you have to respond to each post individually. We are all here for you and really don't expect you to take time and energy to reply to each comment. You are not selfish. You are not a bad friend. Friendship is about give and take. You are always happy to give, now you are at a stage when you need to take a little more (((hugs)))

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Only dropping by to overfill your hug cup! Sadly many of us have known this last stage and the final push to keep our loved one comfortable and it is very hard physically and emotionally but you are doing an amazing job as you always have done.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Sending kind thoughts and warm hugs before I go to sleep ( was supposed to work tonight but had to ring in sick ) please try and rest as much as possible x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

It’s that exactly with the priest. Whilst it comforts her, it also makes her anxious. If the priest keeps coming, then she must be more ill than she thought. Although the last few days, she has been saying ‘I think I’m not very well”

She’s been asking the regular Carer if she believes there is anything after, she’s not sure anymore. She doesn’t think she’s going upstairs. She keeps telling me she’s sorry. I’ve told her it’s ok, there’s nothing to be sorry about.

She’s so worried about the money. I’ve told her she has plenty & it’s now free. I’m waiting fir the final invoice & hopefully have transferred enough. At least I don't have to figure how to sell shares. That’s a bridge too far this week

Yes. This forum has saved my sanity. Or I think it has o_O I might be as mad as a bath full of frogs & just not know o_O I think I might go nomad when this is over, so clear a space for a drunken MH visit :eek: