Can I ... Should I?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
It didn’t help that he started off by saying 4 years, changed later to 5 years 10 months & finished by saying they could ask for paperwork going back indefinitely

Technically correct, I get a bit confused about the rules between 4 and 6 years myself and I'm at the coalface, so I stick to the 6 years for records.

HMRC have a year from the 31st Jan to open an enquiry, and then if an error is found can go back 4 years on the same error, but 6 in certain circumstances which I have never understood fully (used to be 6 years for everything).

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yes @Slugsta I did wonder at the total lack of empathy, but I guess there’s always one bad apple :(

Clocks. Hmmm. I’m leaving the car as it’s a nightmare & I'm looking at finding a new one. The kitchen clock needs a new battery, so I’ll do that sometime :rolleyes: As fir the grandfather clock ... maybe when it stops ... I’ve not wound it today & am waiting for silence :p

I went out in a heavy fleece & neck wRmer. It’s blooming freezing .. ok .. it’s 2*, but that’s freeing to me :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Bbbrrrrrrr, it is rather chilly here. The only good thing about that is that it makes the water in the swimming pool feel warmer in comparison!

I discovered that I had missed one clock yesterday - the alarm on my mobi (it doesn't change itself). I found this out when I had got up, done my ablutions and wandered through to the kitchen to feed the cats. Then I wondered 'why does the clock say 5.50 rather than 6.50?' ! :oops: Oh well, my body clock hasn't adjusted to the time change, so I am telling myself that I would probably have woken soon anyway . . .

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hi Sam
Just caught up. Sorry to hear your car failed it's MOT what a blow. Best time to buy a car is end of the month when the dealers want to try and get their targets.
Glad you had a good meet up and seems like you were really lucky with the weather.
Paperwork what a pain it is:( drives me insane.
Poor Pooch has to have you in vision at all times otherwise he's definately7 not a happy chappy.

Margi cannot believe what happened to your sister what mindless person would do that. What a terrible shock for her and her grandchild, what could so easily have happened doesn't bear thinking about. I do hope it was reported to the police.

Well Mum has uti atm so on antibiotics. Caught it early so hopefully won't cause too much distress.
The new riser recliner has proved a huge success. Mums nice and comfy and it's certainly a big help to me getting Mum from chair to commode.

Absolutely glorious day here today was safe me yesterday just a nip in the air but lovely sunshine.

Hugs to e everyone

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi - so sorry about the car Sam - as if you haven't got enough on your plate with the **!!?? Revenue.

Cold, cold, cold .... they were salt spreading on the M25 at the weekend.

Please don't hate me but I am off to Abu Dhabi on Saturday where it's hovering in the 30's - YES :D!!

Mum has been acting up big time, so I haven't been around here much recently - dreading what will happen when daughter and I are away all next week. I really feel for the carers, she will be leading them a dance I expect.

Take care one and all .... X

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Me thinks HMRC needs to retrain some of their staff when dealing with newly bereaved relatives :mad:

All you wanted was a simple answer.

Sorry about your car, daughter had a juke, loved it .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

I’m so tired of looking at cars, but I think I’ve narrowed down the list, I just wish someone else wouId sort it out, there’s no excitement in getting a car, so I just want it done o_O

It was nice to meet up, even if the SatNav took me to the wrong place :oops:, I find that soooo frustrating. When I tried by road name, that didn’t even come up :eek: The weather was glorious though & the amble along the seafront was lovely :) I really liked them ;)

I’ve now almost completely refilled the paperwork & I've come to the conclusion that mum must have thrown out dads paperwork while I was away. We did have many “conversations” about the need to keep it, but it’s just not there :( I’ll just have to bite the bullet & pay for duplicates :eek:

Pooch is definately my shadow :rolleyes: He’s not impressed when I’m balancing files on my knees & he can’t get up :eek: He decided he was going to get close & jumped up on the foot stool ... fortunately he didn’t send the carefully sorted piles of paper flying when he got off :confused:

Hope the AB’s kick in quickly & your mum doesn’t get too distressed. My mum said it was like cystitis only worse. I know she tried not to drink so she didn’t need to P :rolleyes:, so I was always fighting to get liquids in her :(

So pleased the riser is helping. It’s like Christmas came early when you find something that helps both you & your mum :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Toony Oony

I’m well jealous of you going somewhere hot. If I could find a Pooch sitter I’d be very tempted to go visit a friend in Tenerife, not in the 30’s, but certainly warmer than here. I was so cold yesterday I even put the heating on for an hour in the day :eek:

Between the car & the Revenue :mad::mad::( Still, at least I’m getting things sorted slowly. I’m trying to be positive ... I have a roof over my head & food in the freezer (even if I am frequenting the reduced section :eek:)

Enjoy the break, have fun with your daughter & try to switch off from dementia for the week. The carers will survive (they get to go home to ordinary each day), your mum can lead them a dance, but you’ll all get through it.

Maybe @Slugsta & I can carry your cases :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I did take his name @Margi29 but I’m not sure I have the energy to follow through. But, yes, retraining wouId be a good goal :rolleyes:

There are a few neighbours with Juke’s & Qashqai’s, do you think they wouId mind if I got a ruler & checked ground clearance :eek::eek::eek:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, the slight flaw in your plan (for you and I to be porters for Toony Oony) is that I can't carry cases, and I suspect you can't either! :D I do agree that somewhere comfortably warm sounds very tempting just now. I think it is supposed to get warmer, and wetter, as the week progresses though.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
It’s getting colder @Slugsta brrr indeed. I can’t think of anything worse than stripping off to get in a pool right now. Just the thought of it :eek:
I have just come back from swimming and know what you mean but today both changing room and pool were pleasantly warm but the chilly air meets slightly wet hair outside which is bracing!

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
@Sam Luvit @Slugsta - if I could fit you in my case, I would. You'd love AD and I am sure a bit of hot sun does us all good, especially when there is A/C on hand to cool down when necessary. I certainly won't be wearing any hot, excessively fluffy jumpers!
It's a great place to visit, but gets rather boring living there. Still it will be nice to go back, see what has changed and get away from it all for a few days.

X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@Slugsta by “carry” I meant using those on wheels cases that are easier than a supermarket trolly. With the encouragement of sunshine, I’m pretty sure I could motivate enough to work through a little pain :D

I hope you are right about warmer ... it’s too cold for me now :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
That sounds as if it generates a fair amount of heat Sam!

For me, the problem with swimming is when I get out of the pool and walk round to the changing rooms. There is usually a gale blowing round that corner that makes we want to stay under the hot shower! I am seriously considering getting myself a toweling robe to use until I get back to my changing cubicle.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
At least there you know it’s either hot or hotter, unlike here where it could be anything from hotter to freezing :rolleyes: I had a vest top on in case it was hot (but really only expected to wear that in the car), a jacket & a heavy fleece in case it was really cold :p I was expecting to need the fleece :D

Hope it’s only good changes & you enjoy the trip @Toony Oony :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I will confess to taking my towel to the poolside @Slugsta as I can’t face that wind on my bare legs as I attempt to get to the locker ASAP :eek: I’m afraid of slipping, so can’t go too fast :rolleyes:

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielf1