Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, I take my towel on to the poolside with me anyway but I find it difficult to clutch that with one hand while using my stick in the other. Like you, I am rather afraid of slipping . . .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I cheat. I have a bag (£land style), cotton, so it goes in the wash with the swimwear & towels. In goes shampoo, conditioner & towel over bag between shoulder straps so I can pull it off easily :D I use a beach towel, thin & light so I can wrap & roll to hold in place.

The cheats we learn as our bodies deceive us @Slugsta :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I rock :D

I’m seriously impressed with myself. :p

I’ve spent a week researching cars, narrowed it down to one model, decided on a selection of 8, asked a friend if they look good. (I needed a little reassurance). The one I liked best was the best of the bunch apparently :D

Today I went for a drive, I took a friend for company, test drove the car, discussed details & agreed to purchase. I get a full service, a new MOT & 3 months guarantee.

So, I bought a car, all by myself & it will be delivered to me sometime in the next week

I rock

:D:D:D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yes @Slugsta those are about, but it’s the ones that rub their hands & try to rip you off that really annoy me. He did try telling me all the “good” points ... electric windows (thought that was standard these days) .. leather seats (like I don’t know what they look like) .. so I told him I’d sent the spec to a friend & I was just here to see if it was comfortable. It’s 4 wheels & an engine, so long as it starts & stops (yes I did do a hard brake on the test drive :D), what more do I need

He wised up after that :p

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
How exciting - new wheels! Wishing you safe and happy travels in the new car. Have you got a name for it yet?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m waiting for her imminent arrival, then see what she feels like before choosing a name @Toony Oony :D You’ve got me thinking now :rolleyes: It (the car) reminds me of the “over smiley” doctor on Strictly :p

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
B0464633-4833-4036-9DBB-E4158FAC50AC.png

It looks like it has a great big grin :D

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
From wiki

' Qashqai means "A horse with a white forehead" based on a translation by Vasily Bartold.'

Might help you with a name.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
The car is actually named after the Qashqai nomadic tribe in Iran and aimed at tough, nomadic, outdoorsy types :D

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Wow Sam congrats on your purchase, good choice. I'm sure Pooch will be very happy travelling in it.
I know what you mean single woman....let's rip her off. It really annoys me and wish I didn't have to but I always say when buying large purchase or having workmen round to give a quote that I will have to check with my husband;) they don't know he passed away 20 years ago!!

Margi are you still going to be visiting a friend up this way this month?Hopefully we can get together if you are.

Have a good weekend everyone:)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Apologies for absence, caused by teenage induced stress, big exam done on Wednesday so stress should reduce for now.

Glad to hear you've bought a car.

Is that the colour? I always think they look nice cars, but never looked into them. We have a 12.5 year old Skoda - and until it dies we won't be looking for something to replace it I suspect.