Can I ... Should I?

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Don't know where that reply disappeared to ?? Anyhow unhappy when your there, unhappy when your not there, so continue as you are. The latter seems the best way to go :D
Brother is over this weekend, he has got pleasure of mum for two nights, but is bringing the alcoholic wife with him :eek: . He wants her to witness just how hard mum is now !! Personally I would leave her her at home to drown in the bottle of choice this weekend !! She never had time for her own mum, so there not a cat in *ells chance of her ever caring about my mum !! I hate the fact he's bringing SIL over, to look at mum as some side show !!! Rant over :mad:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @Margi29 I’ve had a few odd things with TP in the last week ... not listing, not showing reply to sender etc, maybe the full moon affects this too lol

Maybe your brother wants the bottle wielding SIL to understand why he is doing his bit (at last), even after all you’ve said, I hope he’s incapable of showing your Mum as a side show.

Try to relax & have his time with your mum as a well deserved break. At least the sun is shining & it’s a Bank Holiday!!!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Uuuggghhh. Do not, not, NOT roll over & go back to sleep Sam :(

Apart from the jarring awake by the doorbell, that giddy “what am I doing” feeling & a very muggy head from such a deep sleep awakening ... the obvious disapproval of the Carer has not done my sunny disposition any good at all :rolleyes:

Well. The “late night?” Comment didn’t help

Sam before coffee & a sarcastic retort was on the cards

“Late night. No. Just 3 years of 24/7. I’m tired. I went back to sleep”

It’s her second visit, first while I was away (more disapproval), I left her to it

There’s a blooming key safe. Use it. Why keep ringing the bell?

Don’t judge me :mad:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Evening @Margi29 I’ve had a few odd things with TP in the last week ... not listing, not showing reply to sender etc, maybe the full moon affects this too lol

Maybe your brother wants the bottle wielding SIL to understand why he is doing his bit (at last), even after all you’ve said, I hope he’s incapable of showing your Mum as a side show.

Try to relax & have his time with your mum as a well deserved break. At least the sun is shining & it’s a Bank Holiday!!!
I'm looking forward to a lovely day at my friends wedding, this morning the sun is shining :p

On another subject, brother texted me half hour ago.

" mum has no teabags, and she needs a light bulb "
Just how many times has the above fool to be told ' she's hidden both " ????

Anyhow rather than go to shops and buy above items he is driving around to me to get from my house, so he doesn't actually have to put his hand in his pocket and pay for something for his 89 year old mother !!!!!
The thousands of pounds this man has had over the years !!!!! Shameful son :mad:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Uuuggghhh. Do not, not, NOT roll over & go back to sleep Sam :(

Apart from the jarring awake by the doorbell, that giddy “what am I doing” feeling & a very muggy head from such a deep sleep awakening ... the obvious disapproval of the Carer has not done my sunny disposition any good at all :rolleyes:

Well. The “late night?” Comment didn’t help

Sam before coffee & a sarcastic retort was on the cards

“Late night. No. Just 3 years of 24/7. I’m tired. I went back to sleep”

It’s her second visit, first while I was away (more disapproval), I left her to it

There’s a blooming key safe. Use it. Why keep ringing the bell?

Don’t judge me :mad:
What is wrong with these carers ??? Can they not access the blinking key safe ???
Or easier to ring the bell and ......

Dangerous waters they are trying to cross, Sam without coffee or two. Again they need to wear your shoes for a while, to realise life is not a dream in the world of dementia x

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Some carers think that, due to their very limited experience, they know all there is to know (not only about dementia) :mad: Others learn that the sum of their knowledge can be written on a grain of rice and are rather less judgemental. I'm sorry that you have one of the former today Sam, I know it is little consolation to expect that she will eventually know better!

Margi, I hope you have a lovely day at your friend's wedding. Your brother is a ***t (insert letters to suit).

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Enjoy the sunshine @Margi29 have a glass or three for me.

You should have told your brother to look for the tea in the freezer & the lightbulb in the loo!! Maybe he will get it one day ... if we all live to be 1,000 years old

I was awake & thought about taking Pooch on the seafront before it got too hot earlier, she’d have been ringing a long time if I’d done that. It was the disapproval that irritated

Yeah, I’m not good without coffee :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

Most carers are understanding, but this week I’ve had a few silly comments ... what have you planned for the long weekend ...day off tomorrow ....so, late night? was the last straw :mad:

I’ve had a couple who literally waved me off with “I’ve got this thank you”, lol, they soon found Mum is no pussy cat if handled wrong.

My day is already back to front, I’m 2 hours behind & pooch is unimpressed, so I’m just finishing second coffee & I’ll try restarting the day

I have plans to go no where today :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

I had a very quiet day yesterday, didn't even leave the flat. Am now awaiting return of OH and we will go out for drive and ice-cream after lunch :)

Sam, I hope you get your day back on track and have a good one.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning all,

Some carers think that, due to their very limited experience, they know all there is to know (not only about dementia) :mad: Others learn that the sum of their knowledge can be written on a grain of rice and are rather less judgemental. I'm sorry that you have one of the former today Sam, I know it is little consolation to expect that she will eventually know better!

Margi, I hope you have a lovely day at your friend's wedding. Your brother is a ***t (insert letters to suit).
My brother certainly is @Slugsta :mad: one day he may end up with something inserted ( and it won't be letters :D ) had a lovely time at my friends wedding. She didn't have a clue of the shenanigans of the weekend with brother. But I smiled when she said she was so glad oh and me came, because you can choose your friends, but not your family x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all

Although I'm upset that mum was really stressed last night while I was enjoying myself at wedding, she didn't know I'd gone. Poor mum had brother and sil with her for weekend. Apparently it was awful for him !!!

Mum was packing all her clothes and unpacking from midnight till 5 in morning , those two had a right parlava :eek:

Am I really bad in thinking, ' so what !! ' ???

Went to mums this morning, she was fine, no mention of the midnight packing etc... :rolleyes:
In fact when I asked mum ' did you see brother and sil this weekend??? ' she said ' no '

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
.....Am I really bad in thinking, ' so what !! ' ???

Went to mums this morning, she was fine, no mention of the midnight packing etc... :rolleyes:
In fact when I asked mum ' did you see brother and sil this weekend??? ' she said ' no '

Hi @Margi29

I’d be thinking “karma” :D

I’m so glad you got to enjoy the wedding & although I get you don’t like your Mum to be upset, thankfully brother had to deal with it .... :rolleyes:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding Margi, sounds like your friend really appreciated you going.
Hoping your lovely Mum is feeling more settled again. We can beat ourselves up about doing things, every time I pop to the shops when the carers are here Mum seems to sense I'v gone out and does get anxious but the consolation is as soon as I'm back she is fine so no harm done. I've learnt you just have to do something for yourself every now and then. Took me 4 years just to get to the hairdressers!!!!but now I go and relax knowing even if Mum gets a bit anxious when I return all will be ok.

So glad the suns' shining Sam and your lovely Mum is in a better frame of mind for it. The carer and I took Mum out in her wheelchair on Monday, getting Mum through the front door is a bit tricky as she never wants to leave now but we did and we had a walk down the prom then had some lunch and Mum loved it was smiling away so lovely to see.
Make sure you stress to the carer to use the key safe Sam so you can at least if you want to have a lie in:)

Slugsta will try and get Mum out for an ice cream today got some in the freezer but always taste better when you're out somewhere.

Hoping you all have a good a day as possible.
By the way Sam have you got one of your meet ups arranged you all seemed to have such a good time and I'm sure therapetic for you all.
Hugs to everyone

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77