Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @jugglingmum I am struggling with the skeep, or lack of it. I’ve had a few afternoon cat naps, but Mum has taken those as an opportunity to do things she shouldn’t. She’s a lot better now, is almost able to dress & is slower on the stairs. I do worry she will try more if she thinks she can get away with it

I may have to try some steri strips as it’s gaping a bit at the bottom yeeeeew

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Yeeew gappy bottom sam

War wounds, see the scar as if they are war wounds and be proud of them - the gappy might have occurred during the elegant slide down the stairs......

So long as they are not infected and then that’s a bummer.....

Hollybobs!!! In wonderful lands-a-windy-grotty :)

A place that creates wonderful hairstyles, blows hair this way and that and so long as you have strong hairspray to hand when hair blown into the style that suits, perfect :D

1J is planning to get me away to warmer climes so I can get rid of virus... just today he suggested lands-a-windy-grotty :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Rolypoly

I booked the holiday, phoned the friend I’m meeting up with, then got a call this morning saying no holiday :-(. It’s all sorted now, but it’s been phone ping pong getting it done. Finally done after 8 tonight. I’m blooming exhausted from it all

I’ll start getting excited in a few weeks, when I’ve revived my mojo.

My kind of family holiday that lol. Husband takes kids, I sleep. I did that one year. I’d worked 7 days a week for 3 months straight. Not a single day off. I slept for 2 days on arrival, only waking to eat!!!

The family tree is a slow burner. I’m trying to recreate the reasearch I did several years ago, but I did pinch some info from others. Now I want to back it up. I’ve been searching the censuses & uploading birth certs etc. I’m gutted that there were 2 trees done professionally that have disappeared, one my paternal grandmother had done & got a right telling off from her father for wasting his money, the other was a solicitor trying to trace all relatives of a distant aunt of my dads who died intestate

Still, it’s keeping me busy & its kept me from using the “hurt” wrist.

I recently found some jewellery I’d put away safely. Like you, so safe I couldn’t find it :)

I tried out the Kindle waiting for the doctor, I think it’s a gadget I will learn to love :).

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
It seems that nothing you do is ever straight forward, no wonder you are exhausted! Reading your post is oh no :(,followed by oh yes :),then oh no :(, oh yes :). At least you finally managed to get the holiday sorted.

There was an article in a magazine about researching trees. I can copy it for you and bring to TW if you want.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Genealogy is fun! I did my family tree once, on my mother's side. I kid you not, I got back to 1500! I didn't do it all by myself though because my Grandad's family had done a huge deal themselves and written it all down and you know why? Because there was a time in my country where you had to prove you were Aryan. You didn't have to be quite that thorough but I guess they enjoyed the research. So now I know hat my family is full of teachers and musicians, and one guy who founded the Methodist Church in the US after emigrating there, a fact that meant Abraham Lincoln wrote to him once (I have a copy of the letter somewhere). And if I'd been born into another sideline, Procter & Gamble might be mine now. Oh and if you ever come to Stuttgart there are still bakeries/cafes bearing the family name. :)
Do you know rootsweb.com? I used them extensively.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @canary

We did have a laugh at “Pooch the Carer”,but she has slowed down, after all, if Pooch thinks she should .... lol

I’ll be hunting out the steri strips, although it might be too late :-(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta :)

I got six hours sleep last night!!! I can take on the world :)

Stitches out, it’s still quite swollen at the scar, but slight gap :-(. More war wounds lol. Pooch wanted to inspect it, up I don’t allow licking, so he put up with just sniffing :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@2jays I so do not have a gappy bottom :p I do have a wonderful war wound to show off. It compliments my greying hair & lack lustre skin :rolleyes:

Lots of hair clips & pony tail to avoid the wind swept look will be the order of the day. So long as the sun shines & the rum flows ....who cares about the hair :D

If you fancy meeting up .... let me know :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Rolypoly

Normally I do research before I book, but I’d been in & out io that many sites, I took this company as being ok, based on them being at the top of Google & on a few comparison sites. After booking, I closed up & left it

I checked reviews yesterday morning & they were terrible :-(, then the phone call & I was gutted. I could see me fighting to get my money back & not getting away. However, Lily the custom service lady was lovely & we sorted it in the end.

Yes please to the article. I need to get my head round how I found the proof that my great grand father is the same person I have the birth certificate for!!!

I’m going to see if I can find a group that meets up to share research & ideas, it might focus me

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh no, about the holiday company. That is all you need.
Is it sorted so you got your money back, or sorted so you are going on holiday?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I got six hours sleep last night!!! I can take on the world :)

Stitches out, it’s still quite swollen at the scar, but slight gap :-(. More war wounds lol. Pooch wanted to inspect it, up I don’t allow licking, so he put up with just sniffing :)

Wow 6 hours sleep - well done you

I had a gap when stitches came out and was told to use steri strips to pull back together - healed fine.

I hate dogs trying to lick me, but the kids happily let ours lick their faces - eeewww

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Beate

I really enjoyed researching last time, I got lost in the stories, a little dusappointed to find the tale of Fletcher Christian & the mutiny on the bounty was a daliance rather than an ancestor, but I’ve heard stories of a highway man .... still searching that one out lol

It is addictive, but in a good way. It’s facinating to read of what happened & see an ancestor in history or encyclopaedias. Ive found a few sad things, but it’s still interesting.

My paternal grandmother had many stories, many were just that, but allegedly, some king gave the family a crest! That’s on my list to track down :rolleyes:

I will be picking your brains @Beate on rootsweb & any other suggestions :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh no, about the holiday company. That is all you need.
Is it sorted so you got your money back, or sorted so you are going on holiday?

Managed to rebook with the same company (the only one with that hotel & its next to my friends, so wanted it). A bit more expensive but hey, it’s inly money right!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I know I should be aiming for 8 hours sleep @jugglingmum but 6 hours has totally refreshed me. I’ve walked pooch, washed up, loaded the washing machine, dealt with ... support worker, Physio, delivery of shower seat & bed riser & im still rating to go. Such a change from yesterday when one thing going wrong reduced me to tears

I think it’s another new bed fir Mum though. The risers dint fit neatly under the bed (so trip hazzard) & only raised about 3 inches :-(. Not a lot if use IMHO

I’ll hunt out the steri strips, or get some more. It’s really pulling apart today :-(. But I can drive, so it’s a quick trip out, yay :)

No. Absolutely don’t do dogs licking. Uuuggggg

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I am soooooo glad that you are getting your holiday after all. It would have been terribly cruel to have it snatched away after you thought you had booked it!

I'm sorry that you wound is gaping but steri-strips should help hold it until it can heal.

6 hours sleep? I bet you felt like Wonder-woman! I feel like death if I don't get at least 8 hours, preferably more :oops:

It has been cooler here today and I had to de-ice the car this morning (for the first time this winter). On the plus side, it was light enough to dress without putting the light on at 7am :)

(((hugs))) to all.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I did feel like Wonder Woman, ran around doing loads of stuff, full of energy ... made Mum lunch, joined her & ... crash n burn. I was out for the count for about 2 hours :D

It is soooooo cold here. I decided against the seafront this morning I’ve been trying to persuade pooch to go out for a pee, no chance. I can see the walk later being a fight lol

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
There's a gap in your wound???!! :eek: Should there be? Shouldn't it have closed up? Maybe you should get it seen to? I mean, you don't want bits falling off, do you?! :confused:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
So far this week, Mum has tried to shave her legs, stubbed her toe & pooch caught her arm while she was playing with him. So, three areas of bleeding.

Some of the support workers have helped, some say they can’t touch. I get that, but Mum can’t understand the different attitudes, sigh

Last night it really kicked off. Young girl, first visit.

WouId not do anything with the various cuts, but telling Mum she shouldn’t do this & that, also refused to put cream on her back as not prescribed. I heard the ruckus & went up

So now I’m in the bathroom, mums really cross about me being there, I’ve no choice as she’s shouting at the girl to “just go away, if you won’t do anything, go away”. I’m trying to play peacemaker & mums not having any of it

I’m not sure if she was crosser at the girl for not doing or me for being in the bathroom while she was undressed.

It calmed down eventually but I had visions of care being withdrawn & a daily fight on personal care starting :-(

Much calmer today, although fiesty Mum has appeared & she was telling me how to make her breakfast, the bowl wasn’t hot enough, too much milk, etc. So I’m hiding in the conservatory drinking .....coffee. Lol