Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @LadyA

The nurse seemed to think it was doing ok, but if I get any more pain to get it x-rayed again, in case my tumble down the stairs did any damage :rolleyes:

Couldn’t find the steri strips, so I’ve improvised with strips of micropore, I’ll shop today for the proper thing. Definite Gap, so I’m planning on keeping an eye on that

I wouldn’t want anything to fall off :D

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I'm sorry you can't get more consistentcy from the carers, Sam, as I'm sure it must be confusing for your mum, not to mention frustrating for you.

No, you don't need any battles about personal care.

Shaving her legs?????

Hope you got a big box of steri-strips! No gaps or bits falling off allowed!!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hope you got a big box of steri-strips! No gaps or bits falling off allowed!!

Hi @Amy in the US

Mum just cannot understand why one Carer will apply the cream & another one won’t. It wouId be better if none wouId do it, but this is really annoying her.

I know, my legs haven’t seen the light of day for months, I do something about them occasionally, but seems Mum does them all year round. She says they itch otherwise lol. I’m guessing waxing wouldn’t be good for her these days & im not sure if cream removal would be too strong for “older” skin. Not sure what to suggest to her.

Can you believe I couldn’t find any steri-strips. I’ll have to rummage through my first aid bags or keep messing with micropore

I’m not keen on bits falling off either lol

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yay for good old fashioned common sense

One of the excellent support workers took a good look around the bathroom, spotted a prescription cream, spoke to the office & hey presto, the cream has been added to the care plan.

What a relief.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s snowing. :eek:

Support Worker team just called to say they may not come out tonight or tomorrow due to severe weather :rolleyes: I can’t wait for that fight with Mum. I think she can just be a bit smelly o_O

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Took pooch out about 10.30. Cold but not too bad. Opened the door about 11.30 for pooch to go out & it’s all white :eek:

Pooch looked out, stuck his face in the white stuff by leaning out the door, then backed back in :rolleyes: Nope, not going out in that :p

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Took pooch out about 10.30. Cold but not too bad. Opened the door about 11.30 for pooch to go out & it’s all white :eek:

Pooch looked out, stuck his face in the white stuff by leaning out the door, then backed back in :rolleyes: Nope, not going out in that :p
I'm with pooch! No snow here yet. Supposed to come a little tomorrow, but mostly Wednesday night and Thursday. So I guess I will be one of the non-showing care workers on Thursday!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
-3 here

Double thick suitable for being in the Arctic coat......

Along with Wearing layers.... vest, thermal vest, long sleeve thermal top, jumper, body warmer, and double thick padded with fluffy stuff coat....

no way are they doing their job

Did I mention I’m also wearing thick pants, tights and padded trousers....

Friend in lands a grotty went away with summer clothes in their case.... toastie +3c.... they are freezing, not helped by the high winds which grounded their flight home today.....

To think 1J was planning for us to go next week but couldn’t book anything....

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well D the lovely support worker arrived, he has such a calming effect on Mum, very experienced & so laid back he’s almost horizontal lol

Being the sensible, practical person I am, I dug out snow boots & slightly tight ski gear, struggled into them & off we went. Pooch & I ambled around the block, snug in our cold weather gear & enjoyed the exercise. I can’t bekieve the number of people walking around in ordinary shoes, light coats & no scarfs???

J the befriender has even turned up! I wasn’t expecting her TBH, so I’ve not planned anything at all. I think I’ll have a hot shower & decide how to use the couple of hours of not being on duty

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Came down this morning to a thick white blanket and its not stopped snowing, although now its only the odd flake. Its very, very rare for us to get snow here on the south coast and sheltered by the south downs, so its quite a novelty, but no one is geared up for it. Ill have to go out soon and get some milk.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent

Same with my cat...meowing to go out...gave gentle help with a push..she sniffed the air snow fell on her she turned and ran back in! Am donning wellies in a while to go for a walk and I want to put footprints on my drive before someone else does :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Snowing from early hours of the morning around here ( was at work, allocated weather woman, kept popping out to see how deep lol )
I don't blame pooch @Sam Luvit, one of my dogs very much the same, younger one is a little crazy and will have a play, but her mum takes a look, runs back in, then has a face ( if she could talk) ' are you nuts ?? Expecting me to put a paw in that ?? :D:eek:
The drive home was fine, our little village always seems to get hit with the white stuff in plenty, but main roads are clear.

No work tonight, so I'm at mums. Was there on Sunday, took beautiful spray of flowers, two hours later mum rang me " I've seen not a soul today " :eek:

Again I hate dementia

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Pooch takes a look if he was thinking of going out, turns around & is back inside without a paw going out the door

However. I put on a jacket & hold up his coat .... excited leap into his bed & dragging me out with him, lol

We did a round the block rather than the seafront this ,ironing & he was scampering around loving it. Hasn’t ventured out at all all day. I’ll see how enthusiastic he is to go walkies shortly.

Maybe he just gets a kick out of me getting cold

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
We don’t often get snow here either @canary, 2 miles in either direction & they are complaining of being snowed in, but we certainly had plenty last night. It’s snowed on & off all day, but the roads are clear thankfully. I’ve not bothered with the shops, as I’m pretty sure they will look like the after effects of a lotus attack. Honestly, a few flakes go snow & panic buying sets in “sigh”

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Same here @love.dad.but.. , pooch wanting to go out, but he doesn’t even get to the threshold, before turning tail.

I did regret diving out the house to dump the last of the rubbish before the bin men arrived, wearing a vest top & no jacket lol.