Can I ... Should I?

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
As you know Margi, I hated that mum knew so much about Alz & knew exactly what was likely to happen, having seen the very worst a lot, so her forgetting this, is good, I think. At least she's not imagining herself at the worst it can get :eek:

I'm not looking forward to my life on repeat :(. I don't fancy Groundhog Day at all, at least she won't know :eek:

I'm finding it hard to get the wires to say his she is. Lost little girl. She does exactly what I tell her, follows my lead, letting me lead her is so not my mum :(

A day at a time for now

It's hard and heartbreaking, I'm at the end of the phone if /when it gets tough :)

You will find some days your ' normal mum ' will pop in too, these are the good days :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It's hard and heartbreaking, I'm at the end of the phone if /when it gets tough :)

You will find some days your ' normal mum ' will pop in too, these are the good days :p

Thanks Margi, can't keep blubbing down the phone, got to work a way through this, just like you did :rolleyes:

That's fine, so long as it's mum of the last 10 years & not mum of 20 years ago :eek: that'd definitely have me leaving home :(

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
"I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time."

So, may all of you have the strength to do everyday what you have to do!

So very apt LadyA

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hi Sam sorry to read that the car is adding yet more expense :(
The role reversal is never easy Sam but your Mums blessed that she's got your hand to hold.

Sorry to hear your Mums not too well Slugsta ((hugs))

Margi has your Mum done anymore wandering or was it a one Off?

Well having to cut this short and get my tablet on charge.
Hoping we all have a reasonable weekend

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi Sam sorry to read that the car is adding yet more expense :(
The role reversal is never easy Sam but your Mums blessed that she's got your hand to hold.

Sorry to hear your Mums not too well Slugsta ((hugs))

Margi has your Mum done anymore wandering or was it a one Off?

Well having to cut this short and get my tablet on charge.
Hoping we all have a reasonable weekend

I think it was a one off ( at the moment) she has done it twice now, not any mention whatsoever to myself or sister that she wandered :eek:

I know it's only going to get worse in time, so will have to face it in the future x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Thanks Margi, can't keep blubbing down the phone, got to work a way through this, just like you did :rolleyes:

That's fine, so long as it's mum of the last 10 years & not mum of 20 years ago :eek: that'd definitely have me leaving home :(

That's the problem Sam, we just never know which mum is going to walk into the room :confused: :eek:

I hope for my sake it's not the one from when I was a teenager with hormones, and she was mum from h#ll going through,menopause :eek::D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Unbelievable. I stopped at Sainsbury's on he way to pick up big brother. Came back to find some eegit parked diagonal in the next bay. Maybe 4 inches between us at the back & 12 inches at the front
I had to climb in the passenger door & clamber over, with a lot of swearing :eek:
Very careful reversing out
Get to my brother & start dropping seats etc, only to find a 10 inch scrape across the back of the car :(
Nice :mad:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Oh Sam! Aren't there some barstewards around?! :mad: This is the last thing you need, with everything else going on (((hugs))).

Hubby and I went to a dog show locally, so I got a good doggy 'fix' :) I thought I knew a bit about dogs, but there were lots of breeds that were new to me (Norwegian Elkhound, Otterhound, Bolognese for starters). I have never seen so many Ridgebacks, or Wolfhounds, in one place!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh Sam! Aren't there some barstewards around?! :mad: This is the last thing you need, with everything else going on (((hugs))).

Hubby and I went to a dog show locally, so I got a good doggy 'fix' :) I thought I knew a bit about dogs, but there were lots of breeds that were new to me (Norwegian Elkhound, Otterhound, Bolognese for starters). I have never seen so many Ridgebacks, or Wolfhounds, in one place!

I don't love the car, it's just transport lol, but there were at least 3 people sitting in different cars watching me, I thought they were interested to see how I'd manage to get in, but after finding the scrape, suspect they had seen it happen :(. In their place , I'd have walked over & suggested checking the car :eek:

What in heavens name is a Bolognese??? Maybe I should look out for dog shows as entertainment for mum :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I suppose your only consolation is that they must have a nice ding on their car too! :rolleyes:

I thought of taking a photo to show "rubbish" parking. Wish I had now as I'd have had details to contact :rolleyes:

They had to know they'd done it, so I just hope Karma catches them up :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
If others saw what happened you'd think they would have been vocal enough to take number plate of car !! Sending hugs

I know people don't want to get involved, not my problem etc, but I've "casually" walked past someone & suggested they check their car

It takes 10 seconds of your life, you don't need to "get involved"

Anyway, far more important stuff to stress about :D. Suns out, mum's in a reasonable, if subdued mood & I'm off to bath the dog. Don't know what he's been up to, but he stinks :eek:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, I hope the dog bathing went well, without you getting soaked too! Also hope that your mum stayed in a good mood.

Mum was much brighter again today. Although, of course, that is relative! She never gets quite back to where she was before the downturn but was, at least, awake and aware today.

Sky-cat is still doing well too, it appears that neither of them are ready to leave us just yet!

BTW, a 'Bolognese' dog is like a small Bichon Frise.