LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Maybe, but that's not likely to happen!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
My GP has told me that the problems and constant pain in my "bad " shoulder are from the constant dragging of William both when we are out and having to lift him out of chairs etc. One of the workers in the nursing home when he was in for respite, saying something about it said "Oh, I didn't lift him on my own, it wouldn't be allowed! He's a job for two people, isn't he?" *insert ironic grimace here!* :)

This makes me sooooooooo cross! :mad: Someone posted recently (sorry, I can't remember who) that they were told to take their husband back from the care home because "we can't cope"!!!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
This makes me sooooooooo cross! :mad: Someone posted recently (sorry, I can't remember who) that they were told to take their husband back from the care home because "we can't cope"!!!

Nooooo! :eek:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
By the way - just posting earlier about back pain and shoulder pain etc. from lifting and that that we carers have to do reminded me. I've been so well trained in taking care of my back, using my legs as leverage and bracing the weight with my arms rather than using my back to lift etc. that I don't have back problems from William - but what I have developed, and it's from taking the strain on my hands and arms I think, is the beginnings of carpal tunnel type pain in my wrists! Anyone else experience this?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I recently said to a SW I can't cope if he has delusions again ( add sobs, choked voice and tears as necessary) she then said, what do you mean, you can't cope. I mean, words of one syllable! What was her problem?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
LadyA just been reading about your latest problems. I do so hope the funding issues and CH space gets sorted out very soon and that there are no more slips, trips or falls to add to your already overwhelming burden. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Urgh! William was (once again) up half the night. Only this time, he wasn't content to be by himself - he kept coming and waking me up. He was very wheezy, so I got his nebuliser, only to be shoved off with his favourite word - "NO!" So, I just said "Right then. If you won't use it, you will get an asthma attack, and I will take you to hospital. Your choice." He stuck it out until 4.30, getting more and more distressed and wheezy, and pleading "help me" - but still refusing the nebuliser! And yet he wasn't yet wheezy enough for me to actually need to take him to the hospital, (worse luck!, I was that mad with him, not to mention exhausted!).

Still no letter. I am very, very cranky and out of sorts.:mad:

Even though! Two ladies from William's church phoned this afternoon and said they would like to drop off a meal for us - and they did! They left in some beef stew, a loaf of home made bread and some sort of jam tart/bakewell type dessert which is quite sweet. It was two of the young single ladies too. Nice of them. The "establishment" in his church never come near him.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
No wonder you're cranky!!

Glad you got that visit from the two ladies. What a shame about the 'establishment' though.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Lady A

I used to get frustrated that P couldn't use his inhalers-even with a spacer tube. I've never tried the nebuliser with him. If ONLY our OH's could understand that if they don't take the meds they will get wheezy. But they can't:( I'm sorry for them and us.

Nice of the young ladies to provide you with a meal-I hope you enjoy it:)

Take care and I hope that you both have a better night.

Lyn T XXX

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
beginnings of carpal tunnel type pain in my wrists! Anyone else experience this?

Yes, I do LadyA, my back like yours, is OK, but that's because I couldn't possibly lift him, he's far too big, but my wrists and elbows feel the strain from supported walking, helping him to get up, sit...sometimes from the Chinese burns he gives me if he's feeling especially out of sorts.

I used to dread if Mam was on steroids as she always jibbed about the six tablets, strangely she never jibbed about the nebuliser but that was a new thing for her and she never had time to learn to hate it.

I did lift Mam in her last few days, as little as she was it was still a strain on my back and if it had gone on for any length of time, I have no doubt it would have given me problems with my back.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
William won't take the steroids either. This time, the grass gave me ones that I could mix into a drink. They weren't soluble though - I had to grind them to a powder first in a pestle & mortar. Essential equipment for hiding meds, for both human and animals!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Grass?! Don't you love autocorrect? That was GP!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, please, please, let him sleep tonight! This napping throughout the 24 hours is killing me! :( He is just sleeping for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours (not deep sleeps, lightly dozing more like) at a time throughout the day and night! And I just can't drop off during the day. I'm just about sick with exhaustion, and feel ready to snap.

I'm off to bed. Hoping that he will stay asleep for at least another hour or so before he starts his night-time rambling.

Still no letter about the funding for the nursing home. I'm beginning to think it's a myth, and will never come.:(

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Wishing you all the strength you need Lady A. Surely some help must come your way soon.

Sending love and support. Have been reading your thread with horror, but I think you must be a heroine to somehow cope with it all.

G xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Do hope you manage some sleep tonight. There must be a limit to how long you can continue to function without. It makes everything else so very much harder to cope with. Nothing but virtual hugs to offer I wish there was more. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I think tomorrow you should grind that grass of yours rather than the tablets....

Enough. Say enough.... To the GP/grass, ffffff Fiona

All I can hear is a major breakdown crash and it's not nice to listen to....

Unbelievably horrific to go though... And I've had one and still finding my way back 2 years later...

My horrific crash happened at a time when in hindsight mum was easy to deal with....

Do William a favour and say enough no more. Tell them you won't do anymore. Tell them it's their problem about releasing finance.... You are not doing any more... Tell them you are walking away.... Then pack your bags and come and stay with me

It's not true... Is it... You won't walk away.... Even at my depths... I couldn't walk away.... But they don't need to know that...

But...

What I feel you need to know.... There is a bed here for you anytime you want it. No strings... Just a bed...

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point