Big deterioration in the last few days!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I echo that.

Ah well, a new beginning LadyA, the end of that hard path is reached.

Do you have any idea of dates?
He's going in on Monday for a week's respite (again!), and the plan then is to admit him full time to the "sister" home on the following Monday, when he should be coming home. So the 15th is his official admittance date.

I've decided that I will do some tidying in what is at the moment our spare room, but is going to be my room, and I am going to just start sleeping in there (in my new bed!!!:)) There is so much stuff and clutter there at the moment, I couldn't possibly put visitors in there, and one of William's sons and daus-in-law are coming on 22nd. So, they can have what is/was our room. And I can put a proper duvet back on that bed. William feels the cold and I get too hot at night, so I've had two single duvets on our (king size) bed for years! And the last year or so, his duvet has had a waterproof cover on.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Aye, there's no denying the clutter that disability brings into your home is very depressing.

My son is like William, he has every book that was ever printed...'Very commendable!' I hear too many professionals cry but they wouldn't say that if they had to pick every book from the floor each morning smeared with poo.

I hate books.

It's good you have plans, it's good you can look to the future, it's all good.

The best you can do with what you have...I think you are an expert at that LadyA and as someone who aspires and tries to live that way too, I tip me hat to yer and I know you'll move forward with determination, but I send a rare hug for the sadness that is there behind the pragmatism. XXX

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
LadyA. What excellent news, I'm delighted and relieved for you and well done for all your huge effort x

Sent from my A1-811 using Talking Point mobile app

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Oh Dear Lord in Heaven, I missed it! But do I care? The heck I do.....it's happened at last is ALL I care about Alice! Finally, you can know that everything you have done was not in vain; William is safely cared for and you can find that life of yours that you so surely deserve to live again. Nobody could have done more! You have been amazing. Let me add my love and absolute admiration. X Shelagh:)

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Dear Scarlet. Your name-sake in that famous film couldn't have been more eloquent. The Bard himself couldn't have been more apposite. You hit the nail on the head, Girl. And with SUCH style. I bow before you.X Love Shelagh:)

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I think I was the only one who said they would hold her breath? Is this it? Can I breathe?

Such good, good news. Sooo happy for you.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I think I was the only one who said they would hold her breath? Is this it? Can I breathe?

Such good, good news. Sooo happy for you.
Oh, yes - please do breathe!:D

And just as a gentle reminder to me - William got up during the night. "Do you need to use the toilet?" "yeh"

Got him in the bathroom. Got the pj's, undies and pad down, and positioned him in front of the loo. He refused to sit, and promptly wee'd all over his pj's, the floor, and me!:rolleyes: It has been getting more and more difficult to get him to sit down these days - in chairs or on the loo. He can't seem to get it - not sure why.

I woke up early this morning - and already have the letter written back to the bureaucrats (I had 10 working days to respond!) telling them what nursing home he is being admitted to and the date of admission - which is officially the 15th, as he will be in respite next week. I think I won't be easy until he is actually officially admitted on 15th!

Last edited:

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Have just caught up with your news LadyA and am so pleased for you.

Not too long now before you can get some normality back into your life. I hope things aren't too difficult until then.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I think I won't be easy until he is actually officially admitted on 15th![/QUOTE]

I fully understand what you mean but IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I want to tell you to relax (about the fact that it is happening) but I know you can't so just get through the next few days as best/safely as you can, then get him into respite. You are allowed to be on tenterhooks till the 15th then you can breathe & relax.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Dear Scarlet. Your name-sake in that famous film couldn't have been more eloquent. The Bard himself couldn't have been more apposite. You hit the nail on the head, Girl. And with SUCH style. I bow before you.X Love Shelagh:)

Well Lordy, Lordy Miss Claudie!! Such praise, that I feel I've been awarded an Oscar!

xx

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
So pleased for you, Lady A. Now hopefully you will be able to relax a bit and take a breather. I have been following your thread and sympathizing with your plight. You have been amazingly strong and patient and I sincerely hope that things will now start to get much better, both for you and William.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So pleased for you, Lady A. Now hopefully you will be able to relax a bit and take a breather. I have been following your thread and sympathizing with your plight. You have been amazingly strong and patient and I sincerely hope that things will now start to get much better, both for you and William.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Thank you.
The last couple of days, William has been unbelievably amicable! No bother dressing/undressing, changing etc. - apart from peeing all over me/himself and the floor during the night. I have also triumphed over his chronic constipation - two senokot, ground to a fine powder and whisked thoroughly into chocolate milkshake! It took me a good ten minutes this morning to unblock the loo!:eek::D It took poor William less than 2 minutes to block it! The GP says chronic constipation is an unfortunate side affect of Ebixa.

This evening however, William's angelic-ness is slipping a little. He was quite resistant when the care assistant arrived to bath him - did not want to get undressed. However, he was so busy making sure that the guy didn't do anything with him, that he actually didn't really notice that I was all the while getting him undressed and ready for his bath!:rolleyes:

William and I spent a happy afternoon out on the deck - he sitting on the glider chair rocking gently back and forth with one of the cats, and I scrubbing down the large octagonal picnic table - the deck is surrounded by hedges and rambling roses and the timber gets all green. Pain in the bum to keep, but nice work on a nice day. And William was happy to watch.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It sounds idyllic.......if you don't count unblocking the loo and scrubbing the algae:D:D:D:D

Hope you have a wee free night!;)x.x.

I did have a wee-free night. Sadly, William woke me on his nightly rambles at around 3.20, and I'm awake since. :( Finally gave in and got up at 6.30. Hope the day goes smoothly. I don't do well on lack of sleep!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh - and you see, the deck is lovely even in Winter - in fact, I prefer it in Winter, especially at night! Living in the country, I have the most fabulous view of the stars from out there. I often go out and sit there. In Summer it's lovely to sit at dusk and watch the bats flitting around. William had planted a lovely place out the back, with a huge circular grove of trees around it - it has formed a thick hedge with an undergrowth. Lots of wildlife, and it's got it's own micro-climate in there. It's just beautiful in the evenings.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sounds amazing. I live in semi rural area with fields beyond back garden but the nearby city lights prevent clear stargazing on most nights.

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ah me! To scupper any lingering doubts I might have had about the need for full time care after the couple of good days - William fought like a tiger getting his sodden pad changed this morning. And wouldn't get dressed. I managed to get the top half done before breakfast. Wouldn't countenance having the pj bottoms touched at all! Nor take his meds. Took a couple of hours to get around him. Roll on Monday. You know, I've been feeling sort of sick recently, and was afraid I was coming down with something. But this morning I realised, it's plain old stress!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Ah me! To scupper any lingering doubts I might have had about the need for full time care after the couple of good days - William fought like a tiger getting his sodden pad changed this morning. And wouldn't get dressed. I managed to get the top half done before breakfast. Wouldn't countenance having the pj bottoms touched at all! Nor take his meds. Took a couple of hours to get around him. Roll on Monday. You know, I've been feeling sort of sick recently, and was afraid I was coming down with something. But this morning I realised, it's plain old stress!

Only a day and a half-ish to get through now LadyA. :) When John first went into Care, I found myself imagining his voice at 3 in the morning, as I was so programmed to getting up then! Hang on in there - we're all cheering for you. :)