BBC

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Not quite sure how this has come about - the lady from CarersUK phoned me yesterday, and now at silly o'clock in the morning, I have 2 BBC chaps in the sitting room setting up a something or other, so I can speak to Louise Minchin on BBC Breakfast!

Caring does seem to go from one extreme to another......

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
That must be a very difficult thing to do, I thought you were excellent Mary, particularly on the issue of finances.

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
I’ve been watching - well done, you’ve described your situation very clearly, and if you have any nerves it doesn’t show! At the end of the whole article my daughter turned to me and said “ this describes you, mum”. Health, finances, home life all affected.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Just caught the end of your interview Mary so I'll watch out for it being repeated. Thank you for speaking on behalf of us all.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thank you for helping to highlight the carers situation

I know I couldn’t have done what you have done. Apart from the fact I don’t function well before 10am, I’m more than impressed that you were so calm and collected and eloquent at silly o’clock :)

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Wow, so brave, you spoke for so many, so eloquently,
You echoed the situation of so many. I find I am not wanting to go out.
I well recognise the danger, I have helped others in the past.
I feel just having a dedicated support worker would help so much.
Building a rapport takes time, to have to repeat the situation over and over costs time and costs more, if one can find anyone to listen.
You really hit the nail on the head. Thank you so much. Xxx

Last edited:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I watched it on iplayer by going onto the programme and dragging the progress bar back to about 7.38ish - think there was a second interview as well.

You need to log into the BBC but you should be able to watch it on iplayer later (in a couple of hours)