Any help i can get !!!

F1Redbullgirl

Apr 21, 2024
Hi I'm Janine and my mom has parkinsons dementia, over the last few months she has got worse and is constantly hallucinating and hearing things. She has been able to stay in her own home until now but trying to get help for her to move is soooo hard. I work full time and have to as I am on my own with a mortgage. Has anyone got any advice on how I can get mom help to move to residential care. She has some savings but not enough to pay long term and what do they do if her money runs put ???

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hi @F1Redbullgirl could I ask where you are from, the use of the word Mom would indicate the USA? There are different regulations for different countries .

skinnydonna

Jun 23, 2024
Hi I'm Janine and my mom has parkinsons dementia, over the last few months she has got worse and is constantly hallucinating and hearing things. She has been able to stay in her own home until now but trying to get help for her to move is soooo hard. I work full time and have to as I am on my own with a mortgage. Has anyone got any advice on how I can get mom help to move to residential care. She has some savings but not enough to pay long term and what do they do if her money runs put ???
Hi. After her savings run out Medicaid should step in.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Is Medicaid an American thing? Not that it matters but this is a UK based site although people do post from all over the world.
Not an issue, my mum/mom and her family are American, just alters the advise given sometimes.
Help available can be country specific, caring is international and that's why wer're all here.
K

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
Is Medicaid an American thing? Not that it matters but this is a UK based site although people do post from all over the world.
Not an issue, my mum/mom and her family are American, just alters the advise given sometimes.
Help available can be country specific, caring is international and that's why wer're all here.
K
Yes Kevin, Medicare is from the US so any advise given would be better coming from our American members.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I'll message my American family and see if they can help, but west coast so they're probably still in bed right now, if I got my time zones right (for once). K