An intro

RoseA

Jun 2, 2014
London
To begin I read around the forum: on care homes; paranoia & high scoring MMSE results, & denial of diagnosis and I've found others are going through identical problems in entirely different circumstances. Already I feel I have answers to the many many questions that challenge me daily.

I have gone round in circles trying to do the right thing for my mum. Dementia has meant entering a different world, one where the old realities are lost.

My mum was an independent free thinker fascinated by the world, lots of interests especially self education (Did GCSEs when 80 - probably in early stages of Alz) is now in a care home accusing them of stealing & victimisation. At times she is so distressed that the pain is almost unbearable.

The Alz Soc has been a lifeline.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello and welcome to Talking Point. I am sorry you need to be here but glad that TP has already helped.

Whenever you are ready please post a Thread and ask for advice or support. There is nearly always someone around to respond, many of whom will have had similar experiences.
Best wishes

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb