Along Memory Lane

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you

Oh Winnie, what brilliant news!

I couldn't agree more, and though I don't live anywhere near Devon, I've been on tenterhooks checking the website until I had to go out when the sitter arrived.

Not that we are biased about dementia services.:D:D:D

Now we are all looking forward to September and seeing some pics of the bus in use!

Mary

Thank you to you too Mary and yes absolutely, not only will there be pictures but also
memory books for everyone involved and I promise to write about it all. We are just so excited. Thank you for your support x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you

Very Well Done Winnie

All your hard work paid off, i'm so pleased for you and your husband.....bless him, i got a lump in my throat when he got emotional, awwwww i just wanted to hug him :)

I hope the two of you (and the rest of Devon dementia sufferers and carers) enjoy the bus. Thank you for your dedication.

Kind regards
Alex x
Hello Alex, I think you have hit the nail on the head. This is exactly what everyone else has said to me. If you pause and start the film you can actually see the whole of Ewens little body move with emotion. You will probably all have experienced this post stroke, when they find it difficult to control the emotions, they just go that bit too far. I can assure you though he is happy when he cries. (most of the time) He certainly was yesterday. Today was a bit more fraught, it was very laud when they cheered several times and he got very frightened. Until he had a cup cake and then he was happy again:):):) thank you for your support too. x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Another programme

How wonderful to see all of us on TV this evening receive the gigantic cheque this lunch time. It was on ITV 1 at 6pm again and they gave us a really good air time. If you watched it, you may have missed some of it, I almost did as they kept flicking in and out between tonight's contenders and the lunch time presentation plus repeating a little of yesterdays broadcast as well. If you watch it later stay with it right to the end and you will see us being interviewed again. I was unfortunately almost speechless due to the excitement but I don't think it came across too badly. They did cut out the final though because they asked me to give Ewen a smacker which was cut, wonder why, it probably got too "hot" !!!!!!!!!!!! :):):) I just love that man :)

Tonights contenders were two worthy courses too, how difficult to decide who to vote for. I was however determined to vote for one of them as I knew how important our project is to us.

In the end I voted for the "Hub". Did any of you see it and vote?

I know I have said thanks to everybody individually (I hope) but I really cannot thank you all enough for your wonderful support. You are one special group of people x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you FifiMo

Have just seen this thread. Managed to get my 10 in before the deadline.

Fiona
x

So sorry FifiMo I appear to have missed you too. I really do appreciate your support and should have told you so earlier. I am getting lost on this thread. Hope your day has been good too. x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Wonderful news Winnie! Well Done! Unfortunately the link wouldn't work on my PC for some reason so I missed seeing you :(

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-west/fullprogramme/

From 8.43 – and a very gracious ‘thank you’ at 17.29!;)

Well done again! What a brilliant ‘speech’ too from Nina about using the project to continue to ‘learn and grow’.:)

Well won! Well done! Yes, inspirational.

Love, Karen, x

Yes she was so brilliant and very very emotional. I believe it is all her idea. She is also a really nice person as are the 3 other ladies we met from Age UK Devon. They could not have done any more. The Camera man and interviewee were also fantastic. It was such a good example of team work it made me proud to be part of it. x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you

Wonderful news Winnie! Well Done! Unfortunately the link wouldn't work on my PC for some reason so I missed seeing you :(

Thank you Mary. Karen has very kindly found the links for you which she has put on this thread both from Mondays and Tuesdays programme. So perhaps you may wish to view them as and when you have time. x

Thanks again for that Karen x