Along Memory Lane

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you to every one of you

I truly hope I have not missed thanking anybody for their support but in the event that I have, a sincere thank you from me and all the team.

You have all been wonderful and we are really grateful.

If you look at the Peoples Millions site you will see a few photographs from the filming day too, We are only in one of them as we did not go on the first trip on the bus, but we are in the cheering crowd at the end and at the very end on the one with the two tables showing, you can just see my hair.

Did anyone see us on TV tonight. I am so pleased with the time we had on air, and as a whole I think the presentation came across really well.

Even if I did not know anything about it previously I definitely know who I would be voting for. I really think we stand a very good chance, but we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Thanks again guys I am now off to bed 5.30 start tomorrow for me, so I need a little beauty sleep (if you saw me on TV) you will agree I need it:D:D:D

Thanks you all again x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Haha! You think you’re going to sleep tonight, Winnie? :rolleyes: You must be sooooooooooo excited! And you looked beautiful!!!!!! :)

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-west/fullprogramme/

Check out from 09.06 for the competition and from 12.43 for the gorgeous Winnie and her team!!!!!

Just hope you have a WONDERFUL time tomorrow!!!!! Can’t wait for the result .....

Kaz, x

PS: VERY impressed with that clippie - even down to the badges!!!!!! :) Wonderful, wonderful!

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh, well done Win. That was so moving, I'm sure you'll get lots of votes from it.

You looked and spoke amazingly well.

Thank you Karen for that link, I'm so glad I was able to see it.

Good luck Win, I've everything crossed for you.

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Well done, Winnie.

Hope your Winnebago (or similar!) funding will be heading your way soon.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
We did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have don it. WE WON, the FANTASTIC AMOUNT of £ 43,576.00 This is absolutely brilliant and will make a fantastic difference to dementia sufferers and their carers alike not only in Honiton and surrounds but to the whole of Devon hopefully.

The bus can now be converted to take wheelchairs with a ramp and a hoist and Age UK Devon reckon we will be ready for our first trip around September. Fantastic. We are on ITV1 again tonight at 6pm, they filmed us being presented with the massive cheque and interviewed a few of us again. They still did not offer me a make over first shame !!!!!!!!!!! Commiserations to Dancicng for Devon but they still stand a chance of winning their funds. Apparently there is a winner tonight when two groups go head to head, and the same tomorrow night and then on Thursday one of the 3 "losers" i.e. the one with the most public votes will also receive the cheque for the amount they applied for. So out of 6 finalists 4 will receive their funds. Incredible.

I am on such a high I can't tell you and as you will see on TV tonight I was almost speechless when being interviewed so shortly after having received the result. It was all done very dramatically, with someone from ITV arriving with the cheque all rolled up and a straight face until the phone call came. Then out came the cheque and the cheers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one of you who voted for us and generally supported us on here. You are all stars and have helped us to achieve this fantastic result. I just love you all x:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you

Oh, well done Win. That was so moving, I'm sure you'll get lots of votes from it.

You looked and spoke amazingly well.

Thank you Karen for that link, I'm so glad I was able to see it.

Good luck Win, I've everything crossed for you.

Thank you so much Hazel how sweet of you to say so. Thank you ever so much for all your support x This is just incredible x:):)

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you from the bottom of my heart x

Haha! You think you’re going to sleep tonight, Winnie? :rolleyes: You must be sooooooooooo excited! And you looked beautiful!!!!!! :)

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-west/fullprogramme/

Check out from 09.06 for the competition and from 12.43 for the gorgeous Winnie and her team!!!!!

Just hope you have a WONDERFUL time tomorrow!!!!! Can’t wait for the result .....

Kaz, x

PS: VERY impressed with that clippie - even down to the badges!!!!!! :) Wonderful, wonderful!
Hi Karen, Thank you so much for all the wonderful support you have given us on here.

We had an absolutely wonderful time today and was thoroughly spoilt again. They make such a fuss of Ewen too, it is just lovely. It was all a bit too much for him today though, he was very emotional and just wanted to come home but it only lasted less than 2 hours.

You are so right too I hardly slept last night, I was tossing and turning and was just too excited to relax.

The clippie and the conductor were both fantastic and played the part 100%. They had of course been professional staff on the buses so knew exactly what to do. They even gave us real tickets.

Thank you for the link too that was extremely kind of you and I must say you have been a star and a wonderful support to us throughout all this. Thank you so much x:):):)

I really hope this has given you all some inspiration and shown you that it can be done.

If you want to see more of us, tune in tonight at 6pm again and you will see us being presented the cheque and being interviewed for a few minutes again.

I am still on such a high it will take me a little while to come down, but how nice to be in this state.

Love to you all and thank you again. I really hope you are having a "good day" too. x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Oh Winnie – confess I have been dipping into TP since lunch time hoping for this news .... and said a little prayer before I opened your post!:rolleyes:

Cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you ... just wonderful – will find the link to the news item later and post it if someone doesn’t beat me to it ....

Oh, cartwheels and champagne all round (virtual that is!). This is not just for Devon – this is about the need for dementia services being recognised IMHO. Thank you and well done all your project team! :)

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Karen, x

(PS: Now, come down from that ceiling!!!! :rolleyes::D But all in your own good time!:))

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh, cartwheels and champagne all round (virtual that is!). This is not just for Devon – this is about the need for dementia services being recognised IMHO. Thank you and well done all your project team! :)

Brilliant news, Win.:) I've been out this afternoon, but itching to find out how you got on. Can't put it better than Karen!:)

I look forward to seeing you tonight when we get the link.

Love,

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

Well done Winnie. Thank you for going those extra miles - if you forgive the pun.

Oh dear, not more Champagne - how will we ever manage it? :D

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Oh Winnie, what brilliant news!

This is not just for Devon – this is about the need for dementia services being recognised IMHO. Thank you and well done all your project team!

I couldn't agree more, and though I don't live anywhere near Devon, I've been on tenterhooks checking the website until I had to go out when the sitter arrived.

Not that we are biased about dementia services.:D:D:D

Now we are all looking forward to September and seeing some pics of the bus in use!

Mary
x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Very Well Done Winnie

All your hard work paid off, i'm so pleased for you and your husband.....bless him, i got a lump in my throat when he got emotional, awwwww i just wanted to hug him :)

I hope the two of you (and the rest of Devon dementia sufferers and carers) enjoy the bus. Thank you for your dedication.

Kind regards
Alex x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you

Brilliant news, Win.:) I've been out this afternoon, but itching to find out how you got on. Can't put it better than Karen!:)

I look forward to seeing you tonight when we get the link.

Love,

Thank you Hazel for your kind words and support. Hope you enjoy our little show.
There was another one this evening, which I think was just as good. Wonderful x