Agreed to see the doctor again.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
@RM3 , I think he fact you attended his appointments and asked questions whist your husband was there will be taken by the GP that he's given permission. He was obviously ok with you knowing .

My oh and I are not married . I have LPoA for both health and finances. I had to sign for his colonoscopy last December as his LPoA as he was not considered to have capacity to do so himself.

I would suggest you do LPoA for both for your husband x
Hi @maggie6445, yes well the doctor did ask my husband at the end of the first appointment a few weeks ago, if he gave permission for them to speak to me and he said yes. It just surprised me I think when I received some carer information. It is much easier though because as others have said, my husband does not like to deal with these things and likes me to deal with and just let him know. He tends to just hang his phone up if not one of the family.
That is good advice and I did (thanks to what I have learned from this forum), submit both LPA’s last week. Thank you x

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
could private message click on the envelope at top of page,click start new conversation and then her name. no body else can see them.
Thank you so much It’s just that her journey is so like mine & I’ve found so much comfort from people in the same situation x
could private message click on the envelope at top of page,click start new conversation and then her name. no body else can see them.
I must be a bit thick where is the envelope

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
mine gave me the phone every time the doctors phoned with speak to the wife so ive done it from the beginning. he just felt it was going over his head so wanted me to speak and then explain to him what they said in words he can understand.
we had to wait 2 days for the phone call then week later was first lock down on my husbands birthday.
you may need him to put his permission in writing on the lines of i give permission for my wife..........[enter your name] to speak to the doctor then sign it. my husband is not a good writer ever so i wrote it and he signed it. gave it to the doctors and they put it on file and with referrals, it is noted on the letter. i dont have any trouble. when they used to phone and tell him, i had to phone the doctor back and find out what they said as he didnt remember. complete waste of time.
@jennifer1967 - that is a good point. I will ask my husband to put it in writing, for me to send in (whilst still enough time). He definitely would prefer this and has made that clear to me tonight.
Hope your day has been ok? Thanks again x

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
@Bevhar , if you are using your phone, go to the top of the page. Just under the search box there are three horizontal lines , click those and the menu page shows. Next to the bell is the private conversation envelope

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Yes that does sound a bit premature... Maybe your husband gave permission at some point. I've been on my dad's notes for a long time, I naively thought it covered the whole NHS but it doesn't. One Sunday he was ill, suggesting a heart attack, Mini stroke or something untoward. So for speed, rather than driving 160 miles to then sit in A and E for hours, I phoned 111 for him, which is regional, so they had to take the case then relay it to my dad's region. They agreed to send a paramedic round within two hours. Then I heard no more. Fast forward a few hours, dad couldn't remember if anyone had been round. I phoned 111 and they said due to data protection they couldn't update me to say if anyone had called round, even though I was the one that logged the call!
Blimey @Spottydog - privacy and data protection is a good thing but at times it seems to completely wipe out common sense. That must have been quite stressful and frustrating for you. I’m always struck as well, by how often the worst situations, seem to arise on a weekend, or at nighttime (when it’s not possible to speak to your regular surgery etc for advice). Whether it’s people or pets - certainly I’ve found, so much happens out of hours.
Thank you and hope all ok with you x

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Morning. I don’t know why I am pondering this so much but… last night, I said to my husband that the memory clinic might even think that he’s ok and that it’s to do with his change in the workplace or something. He replied laughing and said I know, I bet they looked at you and thought - I bet she’s got 4 husbands.
I don’t know why but I’m trying to glean some meaning from what he said.
That’s what happens in my 45 minute commute.
Have a good day everyone x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Morning. I don’t know why I am pondering this so much but… last night, I said to my husband that the memory clinic might even think that he’s ok and that it’s to do with his change in the workplace or something. He replied laughing and said I know, I bet they looked at you and thought - I bet she’s got 4 husbands.
can you just imagine having 4 husbands? i have enough problems with 1

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
I wonder whether it’s a wonky attempt at a compliment? Like - you look so lovely that you must be really attractive?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi @RM3 , I think it may be that your husband is aware that his ability fluctuates. Some things or days he can do things and other days or things he can't. I know in the early days It seemed like oh was different each day two or three personalities 🤣

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Hi @RM3 , I think it may be that your husband is aware that his ability fluctuates. Some things or days he can do things and other days or things he can't. I know in the early days It seemed like oh was different each day two or three personalities 🤣
😂
Hi @maggie6445 - that is a point and could have been where he was coming from. I think I just overthought it on my commute. Thanks x

Last edited:

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
😂
Hi @maggie6445 - that is a point and could have been where he was coming from. I think I just overthought it on my commute. Thanks x
I think that’s it we do overthink things My husband has mislaid a couple of things this week and has no idea whrr where they are I feel frustrated then sad as it’s not his fault Sending love & hugs x

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
I think that’s it we do overthink things My husband has mislaid a couple of things this week and has no idea whrr where they are I feel frustrated then sad as it’s not his fault Sending love & hugs x
Hi Bev. I think that’s ok to feel frustrated - like you say, that changes to compassion then when you’re calmer.
That sounds so normal to me and just how I will often feel if this turns out to be a diagnosis and things progress.
If no diagnosis, I will just skip the compassion stage ☺️.
I often over think things, when I have time on my own. Sending love and hugs back x

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Hi Bev. I think that’s ok to feel frustrated - like you say, that changes to compassion then when you’re calmer.
That sounds so normal to me and just how I will often feel if this turns out to be a diagnosis and things progress.
If no diagnosis, I will just skip the compassion stage ☺️.
I often over think things, when I have time on my own. Sending love and hugs back x
Yes it’s so easy to overthink things Whatever the outcome you sound a strong positive person & you will deal with it together This forum is brilliant Sharing I find is the very best thing Hope you have a good weekend love & hugs xx

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
T
Yes it’s so easy to overthink things Whatever the outcome you sound a strong positive person & you will deal with it together This forum is brilliant Sharing I find is the very best thing Hope you have a good weekend love & hugs xx
Thank you Bev.you are so right about the forum. Until we know anything, this is the only place that I really talk about things - it helps so much.
Just on our way to Blackpool for the weekend. Hope you have a lovely weekend too - thank you x