A Proud Wife - Part 2

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
My husband was also a keen gardener and had his own gardening business which he loved. My main problem now is how to stop him wanting to cut the grass. His lawnmower is big and heavy and a petrol one. I know it won't start (someone else has tried it) but he claims he could fix it. It fills me with horror to think he will be poking about with the mechanics of it, potentially spilling petrol everywhere or putting petrol where it shouldn't go. Even if he does get it going, I dread to think what the lawn would look like once he has finished.

I now have a gardener who comes and tidies up and cuts the grass but he is 'too expensive' (hubby's words) even though he doesn't know how much I pay,

Any suggestions regarding stopping him wanting to 'fix' the lawnmower would be appreciated. I have threatened to sell/dump it but have been threatened with divorce if I do that.

How about draining the petrol as @canary says….and then leave him to fiddle with it when he wants? He is likely just to break it further????

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
Just thought I'd let you know how our singing went. I very rarely cry but I did shed a tear to see how his reading difficulties held him back from doing the singing - I could see he really enjoyed the singing but got fed up after 3 songs as the reading was such a struggle. Unfortunately unlike others he does not seem to remember any songs except the one album he listens to - can't get him interested in any other. Luckily it bothers me more than him.

I had another proud moment today. I've had to buy a new tv and we are both having trouble with the remote and how to switch between video, tv and xbox. He asked me to help him get tv back on when I was on the phone and I told him to wait. After the call I found he had managed it himself - a small thing but after a few days where he doesn't seem to be able to follow anything I say it felt like a victory. Yeh!

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
Just thought I'd let you know how our singing went. I very rarely cry but I did shed a tear to see how his reading difficulties held him back from doing the singing - I could see he really enjoyed the singing but got fed up after 3 songs as the reading was such a struggle. Unfortunately unlike others he does not seem to remember any songs except the one album he listens to - can't get him interested in any other. Luckily it bothers me more than him.

I had another proud moment today. I've had to buy a new tv and we are both having trouble with the remote and how to switch between video, tv and xbox. He asked me to help him get tv back on when I was on the phone and I told him to wait. After the call I found he had managed it himself - a small thing but after a few days where he doesn't seem to be able to follow anything I say it felt like a victory. Yeh!
Oh - such small steps but important ones. It is lovely when they can manage something for themselves. Only us carers can understand this.

My husband amazed me again this afternoon. I was going to wet-shave him. I put the shaving gel on his face and picked up the razor. He took it from me and said 'shall I do it?' I couldn't believe it. I stood there the whole time making sure he was doing it right (he was) and just did a few bits he had missed but otherwise he did a brilliant job. He hasn't wet-shaved himself for well over a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbara Maria