A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I slept an hour and don't feel quite as bad. If I still feel the same way when we next go I will say I have an upset stomach and am putting myself on fluids only.

My hip is ery painful from the fall. It was fine yesterday so is probably tension.

It's throwing it down.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning everyone,

I feel great this morning. I woke earlier than usual, got up, showered, did some washing and hung it out. I slept so well I didn't hear the thunder Sylvia told me about. I don't have any stomach problems and even when I thought I had Delhi belly, it couldn't have been because it passed so quickly. I have a good appetite and am awaiting breakfast to be served as I write to you.

Sylvia is on a fluid only day. She seems a little washed out but we do look after one another. A day of rest will make a big difference.

The sun is shining. There is a bit of a breeze. Sylvia is feeling chilly so that shows she's not quite her normal self.

Love

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What a shame Sylvia. I am so sorry that you've had such a bad night and are still feeling poorly. I hate feeling sick and being so even more.
I do hope you recover after a rest today.
I'd leave worrying about your next visit to Kamal's family until another day and just concentrate on feeling better today. xxx

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to see that you are unwell Sylvia and hope a day of rest and fluids only will help. Its good that you are not suffering too Helen.

Thinking about you.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Soory to read you're poorly Sylvia, but glad Helen is well to be able to look after you. Hope you both enjoy your day doing whatever you want and are able to manage:)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I add my hopes that a quiet slow day of rest and only fluids does help, Sylvia. Also that your hip settles.

Thanks for the update, Helen, and glad you are well. Wishing you a good rest day whatever you are doing. Nice that the sun is shining after overnight pouring rain, thunder.

Thoughts and love to both
Loo xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Well today turned out to be anything but a day of rest. The weather was peculiar to us but probably normal to folk who live here. It is the foothills of the Himalayas and we are quite high up with mountains a stone's throw away. All we really wanted today was for our rooms to be cleaned and our linen changing. It doesn't take long to be reminded we are in India and things are different here. To cut a long story short, we did get what we wanted but it was in dribs and drabs.

Now here's where things went a little off piste. We decided to walk down the hill so that Sylvia could book a whole body massage for tomorrow. We then decided to take a tuk tuk to Lachsmanjula bridge and have a look around. I wanted a Judy Dench top:). The streets were packed with sellers of just about anything under the sun except Judy Dench tops:D. We were amongst shops, stalls, cattle, cars, bikes, beggars and dogs. We saw some things that interested us and bought a few bits and bobs. Both of us are clearing out at home so don't want to buy anything unless it is very special. We have a singing bowl each and that is our treat.

So anyway, we walked and walked. It became windy and I felt chilled and Sylvia felt hot. We asked someone where the Ramjule bridge was and he said 1 km. we thought it would be quicker to walk to that bridge and get a tuk tuk home. We walked.....and walked.....and walked. It was getting darker and darker and there was no sign of the bridge. The stalls were closing down, the beggars had gone, the homeless were wrapped in blankets from head to foot and were either sleeping or about to. We passed a pack of dogs running and barking wildly (like in the book Shantaram):eek: We then entered quite a rural area which was quiet and devoid of any activity. We passed a western couple and asked them how far Ramjule bridge was and the guy said "just up that hill round the corner - about 5 minutes". We were relieved and we walked......and walked....and walked and about half an hour later we recognised the area and we still had quite a walk to get to the bridge. In was colder and Sylvia was hotter. We crossed the bridge which seemed to be swaying in the wind. Everyone was in a hurry. It was completely dark at this point. We then had to walk and walk to find the tuk tuk stand and it was a long walk.

When we got to our hill we had to climb it and it seemed easy after all the walking we had done. We stopped at our hotel restaurant and had a hot drink. Neither of us planned for such a trip so we didn't have our iPads with us for photos. Jan, Nitram and Izzy will be pleased;)

Oh I've just remembered this morning. Whilst it was raining and thundering and lightning, about 8 or 9 monkeys gathered in a fairly bare tree outside our windows. I took this photo but I don't know whether it will come out clearly. They were very close but I think they may look distant.

Another adventure:rolleyes:

Love

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 387

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hope this is the right place.
Googleman has taken pictures.
You can also have a satellite view.