A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Aw Sylvia, the colour of that rose is full of sunshine (just like Dhiren's smile) but serene at the same time. What a wonderful choice.

Love

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you everyone. I'm really pleased with it and I know Dhiren would have liked it.

I'm glad you have a rose for your dad too, Sue. I got the same rose for Paul and his is flourishing too.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It has a lovely scent Joanne and the bed is special too.

It used to house an old pear tree and when the cut down tree was still in situ we planted some sunflower seeds sent by Deborah Blythe. Dhiren`s last standing photo was taken there before his mobility went and he could no longer manage the three steps down to the garden.

Attachments

• Dhiren with sunflowers 2.jpg
    Dhiren with sunflowers 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 592

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Such a wonderful photo Sylvia. A treasure for you to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sylvia, it's been nearly three years since I joined TP (like many others I 'lurked' for quite some time:confused:). Your thread was one of the first I read and I was always touched by your care for Dhiren and his smile.

How lovely that photo shows Dhiren with the sunflowers; the colours are a real tonic-whatever the weather the colour is always one to cheer. I put sunflowers in Pete's coffin flower arrangement as they were his 'favourites'. We used to be quite competitive as to whose sunflowers would grow the tallest every year:)

I will plant some next year-a new garden that Pete won't have physically been in but I know he will be with me in Spirit. I hope you get comfort from the beautiful roses knowing that Dhiren would have loved them also.

Love

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Lyn I think it`s perfect to have something symbolic in our own gardens in memory. There`s no need to make arrangements to visit or for a journey . Dhiren`s rose will be here where I need it , changing with the seasons, growing stronger, a source of comfort.

I hope your sunflowers are the tallest ever , reaching up to Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.