A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Grannie G said:
peace reigns. :)

Glad to hear it. It must be catching. Today my Dad wanted his hair cut so my mum took him and he thanked her (twice). This from 'that woman who does nothing to help me :mad: '

He also confessed that he is feeling a little better.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Cliff,

I`ve one to notch on the bedpost today. If every day were like today, you wouldn`t hear a peep out of me. I have a new husband. He`s chatty, cheerful, companionable, loving, appreciative, doesn`t want to be anywhere else, only here with me.......................and he has enjoyed a meat dinner, his first meat for over 20 years.

He told me he is a changed person, a new man.

If only I knew what I`ve done right today.

Love xx

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
All you want are wheels on it and four little white mice to whisk you away in star-dust to a beautiful place where dreams come true.

Oh dear, dream on.....................

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Midnight (hubby can no longer tell the time!!). - pumpkins - end of October - he no longer knows in which month we are in!!!!

Mice - we have a cat who deals with those!!!
this is all - 'in the life of a carer'

I wonder if anyone is in tune with me this evening - feeling very low for no special reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Beckyjan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jan,

I'm sorry you're feeling low, but I can't agree that it's for no special reason. Living with dementia is in itself a special reason. And yes, I'm with you. Having John in care doesn't ease the depression, just gives different reasons for it!

I think a lot of it is sheer exhaustion. Not getting a night's sleep, and that's usually disturbed, at best, in the later stages, makes everything else so much more difficult to cope with.

Can't say anything that will help, just send you a big hug

Love,

Attachments

• hug 3.gif
    hug 3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 505

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
:eek: Sylvia - what a horror - not sure whether D would know HOW to peel a pear, but perhaps that is now a good thing. :eek: :eek:

My lovely D thought he could help me today by sweeping up leaves!!! - can hardly walk with a stick - so big query in my mind - DO I LET HIM TRY and risk the fall and feelings of failure- or DO I say NO, dont bother leaving him feeling useless.

Best wishes to all 'coping' Jan

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Found the lunch time dishes all washed up in cold water, said thank you for your help and was glad I'd cut my finger nails.

Then Dee turned and smiled.....................................

How do you explain this to someone who hasn't been here ?

love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Sylvia, there is just no explanation to the confusion within their minds.
Stay strong.

Beckyjan
, whichever wall you call it you will be wrong. The pitfalls of dementia.

Cliff:[QUOTE]How do you explain this to someone who hasn't been here ?
[/QUOTE]

You cannot. Thats why we are here, to listen and understand.

Love n'hugs to you all.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Cliff, you don't realise how much I love you!

I'd shut down my laptop and gone upstairs to do some work on my desktop. Logged on briefly, read your message, wrote a reply -- and discovered I hadn't got the hug stored on the desktop!:eek:

Back downstairs, boot up laptop ...............

But you're worth it!:)

A special hug for you, with love.

Attachments

• hug 3.gif
    hug 3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 513

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
BeckyJan said:
:My lovely D thought he could help me today by sweeping up leaves!!! - can hardly walk with a stick - so big query in my mind - DO I LET HIM TRY and risk the fall and feelings of failure- or DO I say NO, dont bother leaving him feeling useless. Jan

Dear Jan,

Could David sit on a chair and hold the bag for you? Or would he get too cold? Dhiren really feels cold outside and i suppose not moving much doesn`t help.

Love xx

Status
Not open for further replies.