A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sylvia, I just had to pop in and catch up, after my thread update, even although I should have been in bed long ago. What absolutely lovely photos of Dhiren,they must lift your heart. A joy to see. Glad you had such a happy, relaxed visit.

Love
Loo xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia,

I see that you were up late:eek: It was lovely to hear that Dhiren is none the worse for the cold virus that seems to be circulating and that he is actually very well.

Love

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

So glad that Dhiren has had a good Christmas, I'm sure that has helped you to stay settled.

I hope you haven't made anymore cheesecakes:D:D

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

Have just caught up with your thread. (Didn't log on to TP for quite a few days.)

I was fascinated with all that you wrote about the size of your photograph on the wall in Dhiren's room. This so so much the sort of thing that we can all learn from. Thank you for posting in so much detail.

And those photos of Dhiren ...! Aren't they just beautiful. Something to really treasure.

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was found in the corridor yesterday, away from the sitting room towards his old bedroom. He must have slid off his chair and on to the floor, He is too restless for the recliner and is back in an ordinary armchair.

One of the residents who stays in her room, rang the bell for assistance.
Staff would have been occupied providing personal care for another resident.
No one knows how he got there but he must have shuffled on his bottom.

For the last two days he has sat at the table for lunch and fed himself.

He was very restless in his chair today, trying to pull himself up, taking slippers and socks off, asking to come home.
During the time I was with him I could see him slowly sliding down in his chair.
He was in good humour. He kept asking to come home and accepted it when I said if we could afford 24/7 help he would be home tomorrow.
He said `I suppose so`.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
its so surprising what they can do mum has started sliding out of her bed :eek: i really hope its just a blip and dhiren settles would putting a table in front of his chair be any use love larivy

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Sylvia

David used to slide off his chair and every time the carers hoisted him up he pushed himself down again. On one occasion I said to him that if he kept doing that he would land up on the floor - and totally out of the blue he said 'I know'.

In the end the home got a special non slip cushion for him which did seem to help a bit.

Love

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi sylvia ive not heard of the none slip cushoins theres a lady in harolds nh she's always getting onto the floor they sat her in the tilted chair but she still managed milly

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear about Dhirens' escapade. One of the things I remember now, about when my mum used to slip around in her chair, was that the home recommended no artificial fibres for her clothes because these contributed to the slide effect! So I sought out skirts and dresses in cotton and trousers in linen , cotton or with a high proportion of wool in the mix. Petticoats were a bit of a problem though. :eek:

I don't suppose you dress Dhiren in crimplene trousers, but it could be that a natural fibre might help to check any tendency to slide. Just a thought. Love x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Hazel

Thank you. I knew I`d seen it somewhere. I have sent an email to the home manager asking her advice.

Small price to pay to keep Dhiren safe.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Deborah

No. Dhiren does not wear crimplene trousers. :D It made me laugh because he used to sell them 40 years ago. It was the miracle fabric.
He wears cotton track suit jogging bottoms but I never thought he would actually end up jogging. :D

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Can't help but oh my word you have given me a memory jolt. When we were kids we had some blue satin -like polester sheets and pillowcases, you slithered about in bed and got up the next morning with hair that stood on end due to the static.!!!! We went back to good old flannelette after that.x.x.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.