A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sylvia, I am late catching up with your thread and like others so sorry to hear about your upetting visit to Dhiren on Monday. Very distressing for both you and Dhiren. I do hope your next visit is much better, back to normal. You have such a wonderful nack of calmly dealing with Dhiren and any situation that arises.

Henry isn't in a home but after six weeks in hospital I can so much better relate to all of you who experience the wanting to come home with you.

Tina, my heart also goes out to you. Four years... I've only had six weeks, and that is heartbreaking.

A subject close to my heart today having not long returned from visiting Henry and a particularly bad "I want to come home" visit.

Hoping next time is much more settled for both of you, Sylvia.

Love
Loo xx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hi GG, I am not in the part of TP and read your thread, I am so sorry you had such a sad visit but you should be proud of the way you can sooth Dhiren, that was lovely. Xxx
Hugs xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Today`s visit was lovely. Dhiren was calm and very happy to see me.

The manager said he hadn`t fidgeted at all since my last visit so I said it must have been because he was so anxious last time.

He asked me how my back was and I had to think before I answered. If I said it was fine, he might have thought I was well enough to take him home.

I told him my back was fine but I was having dental problems. He was really with it today for when I said the cold water from my toothbrush made me hit the roof, he actually winced.

Eventually he told me to go early so I could see the dentist before it got dark. In reality he was watching a Tony Curtis film about a circus and I think I was in the way.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello GG, I have just read the last couple of pages on your thread and see how visits can vary so much. I am please the last one was good for you both. Thank you for the support you have given us. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
see how visits can vary so much.
It`s why I post in such detail Christin.
I know you will be going through pretty much the same with your FiL . As long as you are happy with the home, we are still dealing with the changes dementia brings about. Even if we are not prepared for them we need to be prepared to understand them.

I haven`t been well for the last couple of days. I have a gum infection, possibly an abscess, and am on ABs. I am so relieved the care of Dhiren is in the hands of someone else. I don`t know how I`d manage if he was at home.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I hope you feel better very soon, Sylvia. It's amazing how much grief our teeth and gums can cause, sometimes without us realising it (in my case). I hope those antibiotics work their magic very soon. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Deborah.
At the moment I feel like a wet rag. I haven`t seen Dhiren since Wednesday but hope to go tomorrow if I can drag myself out.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Ah Sylvia, I hope the ABs kick in quickly, there's nothing drags one down more quickly than a nagging pain ( as my OH keeps reminding me:D). love and gentle hugs Maureen.x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Maureen.

I`m going to try to go to keep fit with music tomorrow as it`s the first session and I don`t want to miss it. It will give me an idea how I am.

Then I`ll go to see Dhiren . I`ve had a text from Paul. He has a virus infection so didn`t go to see his dad today. So poor Dhiren has had no visitors since Wednesday.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hope you feel better tomorrow Sylvia and the abs work and that you manage to have a good visit with dhiren love larivy

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Better for Dhiren to be safe and warm and not picking up unwanted bugs, Sylvia. Hope Paul feels better soon. Have a good day with your exercise class, but take it easy. No flying leaps or doing the splits..

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
A Life in the day of ..........

GrannieG, I have been reading through this thread for the last couple of days. Some of your thread I have read before, but know I can relate to it so much more.

You are a true inspiration to me and from the threads, so many others. Your ability to capture your husband's progress in such difficult circumstances has been written so well and in such a manner that it is easy to understand and empathise with you. I have cried, laughed, nodded my head, felt despair and shared your trials so much.

I have written about John's deterioration and progress through my poems, but I also write a diary each day and sometimes if I read back it is so distressing to me. I wonder how you feel. Your character is so strong GrannieG and I wish I had an ounce of your strength and capability in the manner in which you cope and have coped. I wish I didn't reduce to tears so much. However by reading your thread I am going to try and handle situations like you have, so thanks for that.

Keep on writing this fantastic thread and I do hope your son feels better soon and that your visit with Dhiren leaves you feeling better.

Love June x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

So sorry to see that you have been having problems with a gum infection. I used to get those quite a bit and found them utterly debilitating so I fully sympathise with the wet rag feeling. I hope the antibiotics do the necessary and soon enough for you to attend your first morning of keep fit. Hope you are there at this moment, in fact.

Dhiren may well not be aware that Paul missed his visit to him yesterday. And I hope your visit goes well with him again to-day. Best not let on to him, however, how fit you are after your class.;)

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Nan and June.

Dear June.
Your words are very kind but you give me too much credit.

Recently I started reading back through my Thread to try to prepare my posts for publication. I found it so distressing I had to stop. I didn`t realize how difficult life had been and for how long.
So you see how much I can identify with you.

The reason I can be so matter of fact on TP is because I have no eye to eye contact with anyone. I write to a machine. As soon as I talk to anyone and hear sympathy in their voices or see sorrow in their eyes I am in pieces.
The friends I have made on TP, mostly are still anonymous. Faceless but wonderful people have shared my few highs and many lows and allowed me to share theirs.

I`m sure this illness affects us all in the same way, we just have different ways of dealing with it. For me, writing this Thread and being so well supported by so many on TP, has seen me through. For you, it`s your poetry.

I cry at the drop of a hat but fortunately I can laugh at the drop of a hat too.

Back to today.:)
My music to movement class was brilliant. It was one hour of pleasure.
The person who led it wasn`t sure what she was doing. Those of us who were following weren`t sure either. It resulted in lots of fun and laughter. I`m sure we will eventually be more proficient but I hope we don`t lose the fun element.
And we even managed a Barn Dance. The last time I did a Barn Dance I was at school.

Thanks for the sympathy.
My mouth is much better although the paracetamol are still needed to keep the pain away and the area is still a no go area for food and drink.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Sylvia,

June's post was a true testament of how helpful your documented experiences are in "A Life In The Day...":) Well said June.

I'm glad you that enjoyed the exercise class:D Bet you were a card and got them all giggling:D I can just see you dancing to "Grab your partners for the Dance". I can remember us dancing in the street somewhere? Was it Spain, Derbys, The Bandstand or Yorkshire??? Wherever it was, it was great fun:D

Love

Status
Not open for further replies.