A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
. The only reason I am able to keep my husband at home is because he cannot wander. He stays where I put him and all he wants is my company. When I leave he is distressed and when other people try to do something personal for him he refuses and gets aggressive./QUOTE]

My mother was like that also Kyaer. sadly my mother pass away last year . Mum used to go to respite .

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Not sure really .

Just how I always moan about wanting mum to go full time in a care home, then other half of me wanting to keep mum at home with me . So I came up with respite care home .

As I found mum wanted my attention 1001 percent of the time and used to get aggressive if anyone else look after her compared to how mum never use to with me . But I know respite care home does not work for everyone.

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
"happy birthday to you"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DHIREN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"

I would actually sing it for you but I wouldn't want to spoil your day. :D

Love
Mo
x

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Sylvia, Sorry I was late with Dhiren's birthday message but I was away from my computer all day yesterday but as he hasn't actually seen his messages yet I hope it's Ok.

The photo's of you all are lovely. You have a super family & it certainly looks like Dhiren enjoyed his special day.

Love to you both.
Mo
x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I felt somehow that you had misunderstood my post Joanne.

Winnie, I understood your post to be a compliment to Sylvia. No problem there. What I meant was to emphasize Sylvia's point about Dhiren being stable for such a long time in the nursing home. I know people who have struggled to the detriment of their health and sometimes their loved one's health in the attempt to keep their loved one at home.

Keeping our loved ones at home is what we all strive for. Winnie, you are very fortunate that the course of your husband's disease enables you to keep him at home. I sincerely hope this will continue to the end.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m going to merge Dhiren`s Happy Birthday Thread with this one now. It was so wonderful I don`t want it disappearing into the ether.
Thank you all, once again. :)

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Daer Slyvia
Sorry I missed Dhiren`s birthday yesterday was having a very stressful day and did not tune in until today.
Please give him all my best it looks like he had a good time and what a lovely family you have.

My day was stressful because we moved `J` from his assessment ward to a complex needs ward and he did not want to move.
It took us an hour to get him to go about 500 yards to the next building.
We did it and he was very upset but this morning was a lot brighter.
Much love to you and Dhiren
Roseann x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Rose and I`m so sorry it was such a bad day for you.
I do hope the ward will be able to do it`s best for John and he`ll settle as Dhiren has done. Then your visits may be a pleasure instead of a nightmare.
Love xx

PollyP.

Oct 8, 2009
Herefordshire UK
Thank you Sylvia for posting the really lovely photos. It is so nice to put faces to names. Dhiren certainly seemed to be relaxed and enjoying himself.

You've certainly got a lovely family.

Love from
Pauline

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia, beautiful pictures but Dhiren is looking more frail to me. You have mentioned the listing to one side before, haven't you? I've seen that before & wonder if it's fatigue or disease progress or what.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s disease Joanne. He doesn`t seem able to sit any other way.
We have propped him with pillows but each time he moves the pillows slip. And even with pillows he is never straight.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Lovely photos, Sylvia, lovely family, thank you for sharing them. It looked a happy birthday and your husband so happy, he has smiley eyes.

Loopiloo x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I thought Dhiren looked very well in the photos. Am I wrong or has he gained a little weight? You looked very bonny too, Sylvia. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Loo and Deborah.

No, Deborah I don`t think Dhiren has gained weight, It`s probably the way he is sitting. I gave gained for both of us.. :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia,

I think Dhiren looks really well in the photos. Those photos are
testimony to the fact that he is settled in his surroundings and happy with you and what is going on:) Personally, I think these are the times to treasure because it can't get better. I know that you do treasure this time Sylvia and all your hard work over the years in learning how to respond to him helps enormously:)

Love x

Status
Not open for further replies.