A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Happy Birthday Dhiren

excited[1].gif

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Winnie.
I posted on another Thread but I think it needs to be here too, just for the record.

Since Dhiren has been in the care home, he has had the longest period of stability I can remember.

I know he has lost his mobility but it was going anyway and was the reason I was no longer able to provide for his needs. He still thinks he can walk for miles and this puts him at risk.

His mood swings and aggression are negligible now, whereas I was permanently treading on eggshells.

It is definitely YOU who turn the visit in to such a possitive experiences for you both
It would be unsustainable 24/7 Winnie.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
happy birthday Dhiren hope you and Sylvia both have a great day love Larivy

Attachments

• card_boys_happy_birthday_wishes-p13796095430443401834bc_400[1].jpg
    card_boys_happy_birthday_wishes-p13796095430443401834bc_400[1].jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 295

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
God bless you both and I wish Dhiran a very happy birthday. I'm sure the Nursing Home will make it a special day as indeed you and the family will.

xxTinaT

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Since Dhiren has been in the care home, he has had the longest period of stability I can remember.

It is very important that people realize how a care home can be a more appropriate place than a person's own home. We would all want to keep our loved ones home until the end but sadly this is rarely possible.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you all so much.
I`m going to take my lap top to the home on Monday and show Dhiren these greetings. I told him about them today and he smiled.

The party was a success even though other residents played a more active part than Dhiren. I had feared he`d be overwhelmed but he enjoyed it.

Does anyone remember how worried I was he wasn`t drinking enough? The problem is solved. Asti Spumante He sucked on that straw and downed it in one go. :D

Paul and I set the party up and then Julie came with Harry and the girls. Harry sang `Hallelujah` beautifully . He did his Grandpa proud and Paul said there was a tear in his eye.

The cheesecake went down well and there was enough over for the night staff.

If you look carefully you will see Dhiren trying to blow out his candles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
I might have midunderstood Joannes post, but I don't think I misunderstood Sylvia's.

When I wrote
It is definitely YOU who turn the visit in to such a possitive experiences for you both
I ment that as a big compliment to Sylvia, and not that she therefore ought to have Dhiren at home.

When Sylvia replied
[QUOTEI]it would be unsustainable 24/7 Winnie.[/QUOTE]

I read that as saying thank you for the compliment but I could not do this if I had Dhiren at home and therefore would not expect you to be able to do as well. Which was very re-assuring.

Perhaps I totally misunderstood.

But when Joanne wrote
It is very important that people realize how a care home can be a more appropriate place than a person's own home. We would all want to keep our loved ones home until the end but sadly this is rarely possible.
I felt somehow that you had misunderstood my post Joanne. The only reason I am able to keep my husband at home is because he cannot wander. He stays where I put him and all he wants is my company. When I leave he is distressed and when other people try to do something personal for him he refuses and gets agressive. He is very easy to look after most of the time and I just think it is a priveledge to do. I would not wish anybody to feel I am against care homes, I understand that if you are lucky like Sylvia and lots of others who find good homes, they can be a very positive experience for both the sufferer and their family. Have never stated otherwise.

If I have over reacted or misunderstood please forgive me.
After all we all choose what is in our loved ones best interest without doubt.

Love x

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sylvia - I am thrilled that the day was so successful. Dhiren does look contented and your family are very special.

Your baking and efforts were very worthwhile. (I just fancy some of that cheesecake now :D).

Love

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
What a lovely thread I have just found it.

The greeting are superb LATE HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ME TOO DHIREN I am so pleased you all had a lovely day.

The photos are gorgeous, the family so good looking and speciel.
You are lucky to have them Sylvia and they to have you.

Thank you for sharing.

Love x

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello

What is going on ?
If you can look after your loved one at home, great. If not, NH are the next best thing.

My hubby Ron was calm, never aggresive, a joy to be with. Others have a different story.
Live and let live XX

Barb X

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london

I agree with that also. Its taking that first step that is always scary .

Wish Dhiren a belated happy birthday from me , when you see him nest Sylvia xxx (((hugs)) to you both .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bronskibeat