A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The baby is the Show`s Director`s baby. It was so lovely to see this little baby in a Billy Elliot T Shirt I asked her if I could take a photo and asked for permission to post it on the Forum.
She has been directing the show baby and all.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Gone are the days when we used to play 'I spy' or sang songs with comical actions or words to pass the time on a long coach journey. Nowadays it is these hand held machines with games on them which keep youngsters amused on such journeys. Little interaction on these things - What a shame!

xxTinaT

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hi Sylvia,
Yes I agree very handsome son and grandson you have.

Perhaps they might practice some songs from the show on the way
or have other things planned for the youngsters which may intertain your son as well. You never know.

What a wonderful director managing with baby and all.

Hope you have another wonderful day on Saturday.

Love x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sylvia,

I love spontaneous things and it seems you had a wonderful day:) It is so good to see the photos and it is true, Harry is just gorgeous:)

Love

You can always recite this on the coach trip next weekend:

As I was out walking with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him.
"Tomatoes don't hurt you" I said with a grin
This one it did, it was still in the tin!!!!

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Lovely photos, Sylvia...:)

And even more lovely is that you're now able to enjoy some time with your family and share their life.

It's been a long time coming ...:)

Love xx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Sylvia

Love your photos,and like everyone has said you have a handsome grandson,i hope you have a great weekend next week.Take care Marian xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was amazed to see me today and cried. Paul said the same happened yesterday when he visited. Paul said Dhiren was shocked when he walked in. It`s as if he thinks he hasn`t seen us for ages.

But a kiss and a hug soon pacified him and he enjoyed his chocolate.

Then;
D `I`m not happy here.`
S `I don`t think you`d be happy anywhere.`
He laughed, `That`s true.`
S `You have good care here. Lots of people ready to help you. I couldn`t manage to look after you by myself. It would be too difficult.`
D `I know that. I wouldn`t want you to.`

Sometimes he seems to understand so much.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
glad Dhiren soon settled its so strange how they go from not knowing whats happening to seeming to know hope you enjoyed your visit love larivy

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Sylvia, Dhiren has some touching insight still doesn't he? Bless him.

My mum used to routinely express total amazement that I had come to visit even though I visited at least three and often four or more times a week. Her most usual cry was ' How did you know I was here? How did you manage to find me?' :):eek::confused::)

Never underestimate the magic of chocolate.;)

Have a lovely day.x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning Deborah

My mother used to say `You always find me` too. It`s so sad, they must feel abandoned.

I took a chance making a joke to Dhiren suggesting he wouldn`t be happy anywhere, and was relieved when he agreed.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia,

Do you think it might be possible that Dhiren doesn't carry or hold a feeling of abandonment because if he did he would be continually showing signs of it whilst you and Paul weren't there? On the contrary he is content. Upon seeing you and Paul, it may invoke the remembrance of you both but the memory may come from a void which he interprets at that moment of not having seen you for a very long time. It could be very momentary that experience of the void??!! Maybe he cries because seeing you touches his heart (we do the same thing all the time when something touches our hearts);)

Love

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Nine years ago Mum would act as if she hadn't seen me for a week when I had just stepped out of her line of vision for 5 minutes. She wasn't particularly upset, she normally said "Oh there you are".

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Sylvia,
I too think Helen is right. I also think Dhiren may cry due to joy. My husband cries when he sees our son and grandchild. He often cries when he tries to express himself. It is the chemicals in the brain that are affected which gives too much stimulation and they are not able to control the outburst, which is literally how my husbands words sometimes come out. He recovers just as quickly too. Our grand daughter always asks why does grand dad always cry when he sees me.

I think it is wonderful how settled Dhiren is, you must be so pleased. I am sure the CH would tell you if he was distressed in your absence. Funny how they never cease to amaze you too.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Love x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren and I have never used `darling` as a term of endearment but one of the carers has called him a `little darling` since day one.
When I arrived today he opened his arms saying `Sylvia. Sylvia. My Darling!` It was so funny hearing it from him.

And then he spoilt it by being grumpy with me.
I wanted to get him a cushion to stop him leaning to one side.
D `You`re only here half a hour. Don`t make a fuss. I`m here five hours`.
I talked too much to the `riff raff`.
I talked too much to the husband of a resident.
He didn`t want a drink.
He didn`t need help to go to the toilet.
He asked when I was coming again to see him. I said `Never if you are so grumpy.`
I pacified him with chocolate. It was the best chocolate he`d ever had.

I was asked to sign an updated Care Plan. It stated among other things the need for Dhiren to be fed, asked if he wanted drinks or the toilet, communicated with by staff, encouraged to communicate to residents. It seems he is having difficulty communicating his needs and at times is difficult to understand.

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi sylvia what good photos such an hansom boy im sure he,ll go far its nice for you to spend time with your family at these specail times milly

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

"Darling" is not a word Brian and I have ever exchanged with each other and I can understand your feeling slightly non-plussed when you heard it from Dhiren. But, as the saying goes, he meant well.

I laughed aloud at "It was the best chocolate he'd ever had." It was so exactly the sort of thing that Brian would have said. There is almost a childish innocence about such remarks, isn't there, especially following on from some gentle chastisement, for want of a better word.

Did the updated Care Plan give you a bit of a jolt? Were you aware that he needed help with feeding now and then? And making himself understood? You have been attuned to him for so long ....

Love, Nan XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.